Domino Group endeavours to utilise best practice in workplace, health and safety, and employment standards.
We aim to employ a workforce reflecting the diversity of our customers and the communities in which we operate. Our employment policies are based on our support for the UN International Bill of Rights and our commitment to apply the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights including a strong determination to deliver equal opportunities. These policies are designed to attract and retain high-calibre individuals, regardless of age, sex, religion, disability, marital status, race, ethnicity, nationality or sexual orientation.
We take measures to provide good working conditions. Including ensuring we are never below local minimum wages and ensuring none of our staff are working excessive hours. We take careful precautions to ensure there is no use of child labour or forced labour used at any of oursites by us, our suppliers, or our contractors.
Employees and Company representatives are expected at all times to act honestly, respectfully, and in accordance with our Ethics Policy in business activities. The Company does not tolerate misconduct or harassment in any form. We have a robust grievance process and will diligently investigate and, where necessary, take action against any complaints therein, including those of confidential ‘whistle-blowers’. It is also Group policy to provide a safe, substance-free workplace and to offer assistance to employees who seek the Group’s help in overcoming any dependence or other illness which affects their work. Amongst other generous benefits, flexible working is offered to enable individuals to balance the needs of their personal and work lives. The Health and Safety policy, prepared in accordance with all relevant legislation, aims to safeguard the welfare of all persons who may in any way be affected by Domino Group’s actions.
Domino Group believes effective employee engagement is particularly important in achieving our business objectives. We value employees’ opinions and seek to actively consult them in the decision making process and keep them appraised of company news. It is our policy to provide, equally to all staff, training and career development for growth within the Groups companies, and to explore objectively, through performance appraisals, opportunities for employee advancement. By also offering competitive and fair wages based on skills and individual contributions, granting bonus payments for meeting corporate targets, and encouraging participation in the Share Incentive Plan, we continually aim to improve workplace fairness, job satisfaction, and employee effectiveness.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote the health and well-being of our staff by continually reducing number of accidents per employee, days lost due to work place accidents, illness or injury and overall absenteeism.
- Respect the rights and dignity of employees and treat them fairly and without discrimination working toward zero annual cases of bullying, harassment, or discrimination.
- Work towards maintaining equity in salaries of men and women, ensuring we stay higher than the national average every year.
- Support local employment where we can source the best people from our local communities and increase hiring of senior management personnel from local communities.
- Increase training hours per employee annually.
- Increase percentage of employees receiving yearly performance reviews, with a goal of 100%.
- Improve net employment creation.