ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Configuration Price Quote Engineer
To simplify the sales process to maximise selling time, minimise order entry errors and reduce onboarding time of new sales representatives through development and deployment of the group quotation tool “Salesforce CPQ” which is used within Domino Subsidiaries to Configure, Price and Quoteproducts based on customer requirements. You will work initially alongside and under the guidance of the CPQ Engineer and Salesforce.com Global Project Manager and liaise with Product Management to accelerate the benefits that can be gained globally from deploying this approach, localising the content, consolidating parts, and providing access to helpful links that create higher quality quotes. This will provide the Sales user with a more intuitive experience which is faster and easier to navigate.
Additionally, the role requires working with Oracle Configurator tool to set up configuration ordering of new products in the ERP system that drives works orders through the necessary manufacturing routes and prevents invalid configurations being created.
- Liaise with stakeholders in Product Management and Sales teams to determine the scope of the configurations required including which hardware and software aspects of the product range, accessories, options and commercial aftermarket packages such as Safeguard.
- Simplify the CPQ Tool through design including localisation of the content based on the user login, embedding of graphics and helpful links into configurator for user guidance.
- Implement basic guided selling functionality as a mechanism for selecting a product within a technology.
- Create a Model in Oracle and BoM structure that achieves aims including driving works orders through the necessary manufacturing routes and preventing invalid configurations being created.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required.
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- A HNC level qualification in a manufacturing, systems, product management or analytical subject.
- Degree in manufacturing, systems or product management.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- The candidate will have experience of working with ‘bills of materials’ and manufacturing routing in flow and batch environments in an ERP system and understand the supply chain considerations that minimise complexity.
- The candidate will have a high degree of computer literacy and able through training to become highly competent in the set up within the Salesforce CRM system and Oracle ERP system.
- Use and knowledge of Oracle Item Set Up, Inventory, Bills of Material, Work in Process and Oracle Configurator Developer.
- An understanding of Oracle modules for Pricing, Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) and Planning.
- A good all-round knowledge of the Oracle Configure to Order (CTO) processes.
- Use and knowledge of Salesforce.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to translate the Voice of the Customer into product requirements
- Analytical and well organised
- Good understanding of the requirements of user interfaces
- A self-starter who can effectively work with stakeholders, to find out requirements and develop communicate and deliver plans
- Proficient user of IT systems, the candidate will build up knowledge of Domino systems through a formal training and, on the job learning with a highly experienced colleague
- Able to organise and manage their workload effectively and efficiently to a rigorous schedule
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively to meet objectives and deadlines
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.