ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Due to significant growth within our Business we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual for a newly created role at our Liverpool site. Reporting into the Fluids Operations Director, with dotted line responsibilities to the Group Logistics Director, this is an exciting time to join the business as we move to a brand-new site and factory purpose built to our specification. Within this role you will manage all supply chain, distribution and logistics operation activities across the site, working to effectively manage and develop supplier relationships and lead our teams. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing supply chain functions, logistics change projects and warehouse operations within the manufacturing industry.
You will lead the development and cross functional buy-in of a Logistics & Supply Chain strategy that places the customer at its centre. You will have responsibility for leading and developing the Logistics, Despatch, Warehousing, Inventory and Materials functions in addition to having leadership of fluids network level design and trade compliance.
We continuously strive to put the customer first and focus on providing the best possible service to exceed their expectations. You will have strong management skills and be confident and resilient with the ability to adapt your communication style as required.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Drive a fluids group wide, logistics and supply chain strategy to improve customer service, acquisition, adoption and retention
- Translate organisational goals into meaningful, achievable outcomes and objectives that drive value to the customer and business
- Develop and manage the supply chain, ensuring technology is utilised effectively to support this
- Analyse/ manage the inventory to ensure it is appropriate and utilised effectively
- Work closely with Group Logistics teams to ensure trade compliance globally for the shipment of hazardous / flammable fluids
- Improve demand planning tools to achieve inventory and production optimisation utilising ERP as required
- Manage budgets to improve profit contribution without compromising customer service
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
- Establish strong relationships internally and externally of the business to drive mutual benefit through the supply chain
- Strengthen relationships and contracts to protect service to customers and availability of inventory
- Work proactively to ensure commercial relationships are developed in advance of their need
- Develop strategy and demonstrate commercial viability and benefit through financial models
- Lead ideas generation for total cost/ service optimisation
- Ensure rigorous health and safety and environmental compliance and risk assessments
- Maintain governance of key logistics practices
- Demonstrable presence
- Excellent problem solving and innovation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Able to plan and organise
- Achievement oriented
- Able to adapt and respond to change
- Copes well with pressure and setbacks
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Educated to degree level - MBA/ Masters Degree is desirable
- Significant / 10 years+ experience in a logistics / supply chain management or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Global logistics supply chain development / deployment
- Experienced in the movement of hazardous goods
- Proven leadership/ influence of multi-national logistics & supply chain teams
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with individuals at all levels internal and external to the organisation.
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Ability to coach others
- Currently operating in a similar environment
- Positive and effective team player.
- Focused career professional.
- Competitor with the highest personal demands and standards.
- Visible desire to deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY PROFILE
FORMULATING STRATEGIES & CONCEPTS
- Works strategically to realise organisational goals
- Sets and develops strategies
- Identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential
- Takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation
PLANNING & ORGANISATION
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
PERSUADING & INFLUENCING
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
- Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others
WORKING WITH PEOPLE
- Demonstrates an interest in and an understanding of others
- Adapts to the team and builds team spirit
- Recognises and rewards the contribution of others
- Listens, consults others and communicates proactively
- Supports and cares for others
- Develops and openly communicates self-insight such as an awareness of own strengths and weaknesses
COPING WITH PRESSURE & SETBACKS
- Works productively in high pressure environments
- Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations
- Balances the demands of work life and personal life
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Handles criticism well and learns from it
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.