ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Operations Analyst
To take overall responsibility for DUK costing process. Responsible for updating and analysing key cost data across multiple sites.
To identify and lead opportunities for cost-related process improvements.
To track and report key product BOM costs and manage annual costing activities.
To identify and lead improvement projects that optimise inventory levels. Minimising lead times to Domino’s customers and maximising inventory turns.
To work with internal stakeholders to manage product lifecycles, ensuring efficient inventory management from product launch, to end of manufacture and the spares support period.
To manage obsolescence risks by calculating and reviewing ‘All Time Buys’, reporting to finance in line with audit requirements and proactively working to reduce/remove obsolescence.
To lead enhancements within Domino’s ERP system that improves data integrity and system efficiencies.
- Identify and lead opportunities for cost-related process improvements.
- Track and report key product BOM costs. This will also involve liaising with the purchasing team to provide detailed BOM cost forecasts.
- Manage the annual standard costing activities for DUK and assist other sites with data generation and analysis.
- Resolution of cost related data quality issues including analysis of manufacturing variances.
- Optimise inventory levels striving towards best in class inventory turns and short lead times to customers.
- Improve forecast accuracies by supporting the Global S&OP process, checking and correcting ERP setups across Domino’s Global manufacturing sites and data integrity of spares forecasts.
- Develop a strategy for calculating and reviewing All Time Buys (ATBs) to minimise risks of stock outs and obsolescence.
- Bi-annual obsolescence provisioning, working with finance and product managers across the business to highlight products that are surplus to our projected requirements.
- Provide key product lifecycle information to product managers to assist with decisions on manufacture end dates and spares support periods.
- Manage the product transitions from production to spares support providing key data to the Materials and Purchasing teams. This will involve long term scenario planning based on calculated decline rates.
- Classify parts into technology categories. Taking the hierarchy’s and end of life dates into account.
- Work with Product Management to optimise spares offerings, improve customer satisfaction and reduce risks of obsolescence.
- Work with IT on projects to overcome system limitations.
- Lead development and testing of ASCP/Oracle changes.
- Data cleansing within the ERP system
- Offer support to all members of supply chain by using analytical and quantitative methods to understand past failings and anticipate future problems.
- Support other manufacturing sites/suppliers with ERP system integration/EDI linking
- Creation of supply chain reports for month end reporting
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Analytical – using logical reasoning processes to break down and work through large amounts of data to arrive at an outcome.
- Systems skills – good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Oracle), Microsoft Excel and Salesforce platforms.
- Questioning – tenacious approach of getting to true root cause so that mitigating actions can be put in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Communication – open and clear communicator (verbal and written) with consideration for international stakeholders who use English as a second language.
- Self-Organization – Ability to create sub level tasks and manage own workload to achieve high level KPIs (such as increasing inventory turns and reducing stock obsolescence)
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving aptitude
- Team working
- Initiating Action
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Educated to HND or Equivalent in a subject with a substantial Maths/Statistics element
- Technically proficient in data extraction and analysis tools (MS Access, Excel, TMI, Oracle Discoverer)
- Expert in Multi site ERP tools (SAP/Discoverer)
- CIPS/CILT qualifications a bonus
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- End to End Knowledge of long lead time complex supply chains.
- Knowledge of multi-site distribution networks.
- Experience of stock setting and demand forecasting.
- Knowledge and experience of inventory and logistics analysis.
- Demand forecasting and trend analysis.
- Stock obsolescence and end of life management.
- Root Cause analysis in a supply chain environment
- Project management.
- KPI management.
- User acceptance testing and scenario planning for Oracle systems.
- ORACLE & ORACLE ASCP experience.
- Data management in ERP systems
- Statistical Analysis.
- Problem Solving.
- Data Management.
- Time management & personal Organization.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions.
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels.
- Strong data analysis skills, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Organized, self-starter and a quick learner.
- Experience of dealing with results, metrics and data management and desire to create and build new processes
- Six Sigma or Lean Operations background desired
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.