ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
The role is in Dominos Pick and Pack areas supporting and enabling the manufacture, packing and finishing of Ink Jet Printers.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Process pick/pack machines and supporting spares in an accurate and timely manner to achieve on time delivery targets
- Receive and put away inventory from logistics warehouse in to correct locations in an accurate and timely manner, liaising with the Area coordinator for any discrepancies or quality issues
- Maintain stock to agreed levels and ensure accuracy through regular counts
- Investigate stock discrepancies and provide feedback and actions to improve service
- Provide support for line side replenishment of components used in the machine build process
- Undertake all tasks as required in accordance with standard Domino working practices and quality procedure
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping in all areas
- Ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by Area Co-ordinator
- Initiating Action
- Work Standards
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Good standard of education
- Counterbalance Forklift Truck Licence advantageous
- Current clean driving licence advantageous
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Experience of using Counterbalance Forklift truck
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar system
- Knowledge of Aviation Security
- Awareness of Lean manufacturing techniques
- Attention to detail
- Work successfully to hit delivery targets
- Ability to work to essential quality standards
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum of supervision
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.