ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our growing, fast-paced and dynamic business into our wet test team. You will configure, fault find and test the products produced by the manufacturing unit in accordance with company requirements of quality and delivery. The successful candidate will provide a proactive service to meet the needs of our internal and external customers, ensuring quality and service levels are met within the required timescales.
This is a full-time role working 37 hours per week working, working one of the following shifts on a permanent basis 09:30 – 19:30, Monday to Thursday.
Please note: the role is within a DSEAR area and you will be exposed to solvents (will aggravate some skin/breathing problems) and due to the nature of the role and tasks the individual must be comfortable standing for long periods of time at a workstation and participating in manual handling activities.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work in the company testing area
- Flush out of continuous inkjet machines as part of our testing process
- Audit machines against strict quality criteria
- Work alongside qualified technicians
- Test products in line with current procedures
- Inform the team leader/area coordinator asap of any delays in test of products, which are likely to affect despatch to the customer
- Actively participate in all continuous improvement activities and projects as required
- Undertake all tasks as required in accordance with standard Domino working practices and quality procedure
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping in all areas
- Ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by team leader
- Initiates Action
- Has good work ethic and high standards for deliverables
- Attention to detail
- Able to work as a part of a team
- Driven to succeed
- Willingness to be challenged
- Positive about change
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Good standard of education
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Training will be provided, to support all the requirements for the role, but previous equivalent experience with an electrical environment would be useful
- Respectful of others
- Willing to share knowledge
- Willing to meet new challenges
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Work successfully to hit delivery targets
- Ability to work to essential quality standards
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum of supervision
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.