Develop an IT Programme Management strategy which is appropriate for a distributed organisation of Domino’s size. Manage communication between the IT department and its clients in respect of new and existing programmes. Implement a Service Delivery process and documentation to ensure smooth delivery of projects into a to-be Operational state. Work with the IT Department Managers to assess and manage new requirements from the Business. Manage the administration of all Projects and required documentation.
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop an IT Programme Management strategy which is appropriate for a distributed organisation of Domino’s size.
- Deliver techniques, practices, and procedures for IT Programme Management and Project administration in a manner that is appropriate for the size of the Programmes and for the involved Stakeholders.
- Manage the delivery of IT Projects on time and to the Budget specified.
- Ensure appropriate Design, Specification, Business Requirements exist for all new projects, working closely with our Business System Architecture team.
- Actively manage the Project Management Office application to ensure business owners know where their projects are in the process and projects progress through the process appropriately.
Facilitate and Manage communication between the IT department and its clients in respect of new and existing programmes.
- In collaboration with business leaders, senior management, and stakeholders, plan and establish Business Requirements for new Projects that support business goals for IT services portfolio throughout the enterprise.
- Determine scope, objectives and Business / IT ownership for all new Projects.
- Meet regularly with IT and Business Unit Managers to clarify new Projects and to finalize new requirements of or additions to existing Projects.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the IT Department, organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent Project activities and developments.
Develop and Implement a Service Delivery process to ensure the smooth delivery of Projects into a to-be Operational state
- Work with the IT Department Managers, develop the process and documentation for handover of Projects to Operational support:
- SLAs, OLAs, 3rd Party Agreements
- Handover Criteria
- Service Delivery Checklist and related documents
- Project Management documentation
- Work with the Service Delivery manager to develop, establish, implement, and enforce 3rd Party supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and SLAs to the organization for new projects delivered.
- Negotiate contracts and other related issues with consultants, contractors, freelancers, and other third-party agents.Manage the handover of current Projects that have been completed by IT Development teams that are not yet handed over to IT Operational Support teams.
Work with the IT Department Managers to assess and manage new requirements from the Business
- Assess and manage new “Requests for Changes” from the Business and from within the IT Department.
- Prioritise requested and current projects with the Business and IT Department Managers
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to assess organizational needs and requirements and to make recommendations for improvement initiatives associated with core processes and mission-critical systems.
- Identify areas for possible savings.
Manage the administration of all Projects and required documentation.
- Define and manage the Project process in our Project Management Office (PMO) Tool.
- Manage all Project tracking documentation with respect to the status and timelines for all projects being undertaken the IT Department.
- Prepare, follow-up and sign off documentation for all completed projects and make recommendations for improvements to the Project processes.
- Ensure a checklist is created for all Project documentation and that the documentation is delivered by relevant parties
- Train, coach, and mentor other IT Department staff in relation to implementation of new Project processes and documentation.
- Team working
- Work standards
- Flexibility of styles
- Listening and Empathy
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- HND or above, preferably degree
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the needs of the business
- Ability to communicate internally with peers and managers
- Demonstrate an ability quickly to understand changing needs of the business
- Ability to communicate externally with suppliers
- Project Management
- A passion for service delivery
- Flexibility of styles
- Problem Solver
- Team worker
- Self starter
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.