Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long-established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
We are currently looking for a Product Specialist to join the Pre-Sales team. They provide technical support and create representative samples for the sales team and global customer base in advance of a sale.
This Product Specialist role will provide Pre-Sales technical expertise to support the Domino Business. As well as focus on advice to Channel and customers this role also brings application knowledge and understanding of current customer needs to the wider team and provides input to and feedback on development projects.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Respond to requests for technical advice to support a sale
- Provide second level technical support (may involve site visits)
- Set up equipment and perform studies to understand and respond to customer enquiries
- Support Channel/ Distribution to advise best practice for applications
- Analyse and provide recommendations based on data
- Develop support materials with the Technical Communications group
- Support the technical training team with information
- Identify and implement improvements to processes
- Identify knowledge gaps and create materials to support these areas of weakness
- Provide insight into potential new applications for our technology to encourage further sales growth as well as product development recommendations
- Develop good relationship with Product Management and Development teams
- Provide feedback on features of new products throughout development
- Evaluate new products and ensure Pre-Sales is ready for launch
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience setting up electronic equipment, coding marking and/or digital printing technologies, development software, working within the manufacturing industry and hold a science/engineering qualification to degree level.
Some of the key personal attributes we are looking for:
- Positive and proactive approach to work
- Quality Focus and a detailed thinker
- Team player and good communicator
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a generous benefits package of not only a competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme but also 25 days basic holiday (including the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days), flexible working hours, an on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, a green car scheme, private medical insurance and continuous training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.