Facilities Compliance Officer Opportunity
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
Reporting to the UK SHE & Facilities Manager, your role as Facilities Compliance Officer will involve providing comprehensive support to the Estates team. The primary function of this role is to oversee and implement an extensive range of statutory inspections across the Bar Hill site to ensure our legal compliance with UK legislation. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all aspects of statutory inspection compliance and will be responsible for providing world class service from the estates helpdesk. Contractor management will form the third part of this role as part of which you will need to prepare safety documentation (permits to work) and ensure that all contractors are competent to work on site.
Working within a friendly, close-knit team, you will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues across the Domino business.
As part of your role you will support the estates team in supporting Domino’s main office in Cambridge as well as sites in Liverpool & Basingstoke. Your duties will involve;
- First point of contact for statutory inspections, and part of the Audit team to ensure inspections are under tight control
- Manage the estates helpdesk ensuring all calls are triaged, allocated, dealt with and closed off in a timely manner
- Contact relevant contractors, arranging quotations & raising corresponding PO’s
- You will be required to audit contractor information on file to ensure that the relevant insurance, competency certificates and risk assessments/method statements (RAMS) are available
- Lead small and medium sized capex projects from specification, quotation through to preparation of the final capex submission and once approves overseeing the work required to complete the project
- Process and distribute all relevant invoices to ensure that they are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that all utilities bills are processed, including query resolution where necessary, and paid in a timely manner
- Enter all of the waste data generated by our third party contractor into the evolution platform (or alternative when identified).
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
To be successful in this role you need to have previous experience in an administrative role. Experience managing statutory inspection program, helpdesk management, contractor management and H&S knowledge would be desirable.
Some of the key personal attributes we are looking for:
- Self-Organisation/Time management
- Excellent Communication
- Excellent telephone manner
- Team Player
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a generous benefits package of not only a competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme but also 25 days basic holiday (including the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days), flexible working hours, an on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, a green car scheme, private medical insurance and continuous training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.