To continue to develop, promote & support a robust SHE management system & positive SHE culture across the Domino Bar Hill site, which comprises of four distinct areas each with a range of SHE considerations including; dangerous and hazardous substances, work equipment and vehicles. The role will provide advice, guidance & support on a range of SHE related activities to all staff and help to enhance their knowledge and capability through coaching & training. The SHE Advisor must be confident in producing a range of documents for inclusion within the SHE Management system, including process, procedure, guidance / training etc.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Play an active role in SHE Management meetings by providing advice and guidance on a range of SHE topics
- Create, interpret and communicate SHE metrics/reports to management team
- Act as site SHE champion, developing, promoting and supporting a positive SHE management system & SHE culture.
- Create and deliver SHE training as required.
- Provide advice and assistance on SHE related issues (Legislative and Policy based) to all levels of staff. There may also be a requirement to provide advice to staff at other sites within the Domino Group.
- Act as a subject matter expert on a range of topics including Dangerous Substances (DSEAR), Hazardous Substances (COSHH), Work Equipment (PUWER / LOLER)
- Contribute to the completion of risk assessments as part of a working team
- Act as subject matter expert on ISO 45001
- Create and promote SHE campaigns to enhance the positive culture of the business.
- Take a proactive role in site inspections and safety audits; identifying good practice and areas for improvement.
- Manage incident reporting on site, including leading serious incident investigations and ensuring all incidents are closed to prevent reoccurrence.
- Advise and assist with the management of emergency arrangements. For example, fire evacuation procedures and personal emergency evacuation plans.
- Manage a range of capital projects in conjunction with the estates department including creating initial specification, creating applications for funding, project management and liaison from project start to successful sign off & completion.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Head of Facilities & UK SHE manager.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Group H&S manager.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- A NEBOSH certificate in health & safety management or an IOSH certificate and a willingness to work towards the NEBOSH general certificate.
- 2 years Practical experience of managing SHE in the workplace, including the application of health & safety regulations & guidance.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Previous experience in a SHE supervisory role desirable.
- Knowledge of DSEAR, COSHH and PUWER
- Experience of carrying out detailed risk assessment and hazard identification exercises.
- Knowledge of the ISO 45001 standard and experience of working within a SHE Management System
- Knowledge of performing a range of detailed inspections including SHE audits & workplace inspections.
- Experience with creating training material, writing reports, bulletins and newsletters to help to develop the site SHE culture
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work in a structured, organised manner and prioritise tasks either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills, including being able to interpret and communicate complicated subjects to others via appropriate methods.
- Ability to influence and convince other members of staff of the importance/relevance of SHE and the benefits it can create.
- Be able to take a pragmatic approach to SHE issues
- Be confident and self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised but ask for help when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with other Domino employees at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which may include changing priorities on a day to day basis.
- Computer literate and competent with using Microsoft Office
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.