ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Job Purpose - Supply Chain Apprentice
Working with an experienced and award-winning Supply Chain Team (MX Supply Chain Excellence Award 2017) to obtain the best value in terms of delivery, cost, quality, and service to Domino UK from its global supplier base.
- Ensure that supply chain continuity is maintained within the agreed inventory parameters with consideration to an evolving product range
- Maintain timely communication with internal customers ensuring the production line are well informed of any material constraints
- Develop and manage external relationships to build a strong rapport with Domino’s suppliers
- Maintain data within the Oracle ERP system to improve ordering efficiencies and automation
- Conduct root cause analysis of shortages and support corrective actions to mitigate future reoccurrence.
- Working closely with internal customers to understand their immediate, medium and long-term material requirements.
- Manage the inbound materials to minimise the freight expenditure. Also track costs related to inbound freight.
- Understand stock profiling, co-ordinate activity with Suppliers to establish forecasts and buffer levels.
- Monitor suppliers against established contracts/supplier agreements
- Work with other members of the Purchasing Team to understand sources of risk in the supply chain and propose actions to help reduce
- Understand Purchasing Cost drivers, how they are monitored, measured
- Assist with Projects to rationalise and optimise the supply base
- Work closely with other Domino functions on activities that involve the supply base (I.e. Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering. Finance, Supplier Quality, Material Control, Research and Design, Group Sourcing)
- Attention to detail
- Team Working
- Customer Service Orientation
- Organisational awareness
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Working in a flexible team environment
- Eagerness to learn
- Interest in working in a commercial environment
- Problem solving – analytical approach (data driven)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to take initiative
- Tenacious – can do attitude required
- Calm & logical in approach
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.