Trainee Solicitor / Counsel
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Advising on, drafting, amending and negotiating a range of agreements and terms and conditions related to sales, equipment leasing, purchasing and distribution;
- Advising on, drafting and amending non-disclosure agreements, consultant appointments, and other general agreements;
- Assisting in management of the trade mark portfolio of the Company;
- Carrying out internal training and provide advice on various legal and regulatory issues;
- Providing advice and assistance with a wide variety of general legal enquiries and processes within the business;
- Learning and developing.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Solid GCSEs or A Levels demonstrating a good level of ability in written communication;
- Legal Practice Course or some initial CILEX modules at Level 3;
- Appreciation of basic legal concepts demonstrated through either appropriate exams or past experience.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Ideally some familiarity with the processes and procedures used in in-house or in private practice legal departments;
- Proven ability to demonstrate energy and urgency in tackling tasks in a busy working environment;
- Demonstrated implementation of care and skill in tasks undertaken.
- Good written language ability;
- Good verbal language ability;
- Good time keeping;
- Initiative and an ability to approach tasks with an appreciation of team efficiency.
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Willingness to learn;
- Commitment to advancement and growth.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.