ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Fantastic opportunity to work with all areas of the Domino organisation globally.
The aims; to assist with the capture, processing and reporting of technical, commercial and user case issues across multiple Domino products to ensure all products meet customer requirements before launch through process and validation.
The role is based in our UK site and applicants should contribute and assist with building capabilities to ensure our products are introduced without issue to our internal and external
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Validating equipment against a market requirement specification
- Using test processes and equipment to test products from a customer use perspective.
- Liaising with development teams, System Test department, technical support teams (local and international)
- Reporting of issues by gathering evidence and assist the capture of opinion from around the business.
- Potentially travel to, and conduct, validation field trials locally and internationally.
- Assist in the creation of validation processes
- Create reports suitable for stakeholders and internal audiences
- BTEC or higher (or equivalent) in a technological discipline
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Open to Global exposure with Domino channels and distributors
- Good international communication skills
- Understanding of basic coding or PLC programming
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Exposure to customer-focused situations, either Sales or Technical but can be MNC, OEM.
- Set up & installation relating to industrial coders i.e. date stamp/“Best Before” printers, typical technologies could be:-
Print and Apply
- Message creation, alerts, I/O set up and testing in an industrial context are all invaluable experience
- Examples are Shaft Encoder set up, backlash compensation, I/O lines.
- MS Excel – for data capture and reporting
- MS Word and MS PowerPoint – for reporting of issues & observations
- Presentation experience an advantage
- Free thinker
- Not afraid to contribute ideas and to challenge perception
- Respectful of others in communication
- Can-do attitude
- Learns from negative experiences as well as positives – from failures and successes.
- Self-motivated and determined.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.