ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
This new role offers an exciting challenge to develop and deliver the future roadmap for Domino Cloud, our connectivity solution that forms a core part of our product offering. We are at the beginning of the journey having shipped the first cloud enabled products in late 2016 so there is a huge opportunity for the person taking this role to shape and influence the way forward as we are now at the point where we want to develop the proposition further as we expand the connected capability across our product range. The person in this role will work and coordinate the existing stakeholders active with the current product in Development, Product Management, Global Service, Data Analytics and our Sales Channels to develop the growing install base of users and drive the longer-term roadmap towards supporting our customers in different ways and the development of Advanced Services.
The candidate needs to be a strong influencer working across different stakeholders in the business to champion the way forward for connected solutions and drive the different product lines to execute on the vision and roadmap. We are looking for someone with commercial experience in IoT/Cloud offerings experienced in driving roadmap plans with different stakeholder disciplines.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ownership of the Product Lifecycle Management to gain learnings from the installed base and develop an understanding of the growth opportunities through close cooperation with the markets
- Work with Printer Product Managers on the delivery of Cloud for their portfolio and ensure they are driving a value proposition that incorporates Cloud and the benefits it drives for our customers which can be different depending on the Printer technology.
- Development of Business Cases and Scenario Analysis to support proposals and project decisions with a strong data driven basis combining inputs from our customers, markets and internal stakeholders
- Drive the development of the MRS (Market Requirements specification), capturing Voice Of Customer (VOC) and requirements influenced by Regional market trends, competitor activity and product offerings.
- Support the development of promotional material and marketing collateral including brochures, data sheets and web content.
- Support the Development and Delivery of product training materials to educate sales teams & aid promotion.
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Degree (or equivalent) in business and/or technology subject
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in a responsible, B2B product related role working with technical and commercial stakeholders
- Experience working closely with sales organisations to drive success of your Products
- Experience in delivering products through development or partnering teams.
- Experience of successfully influencing individuals and teams to deliver objectives
- Experience of assimilating and quantifying product needs based on evaluation of customer / market needs, competitor offerings and business strategy.
- Participation in the process and execution of product launches and development of sales and marketing collateral.
- Experience and competence in business and commercial scenario analysis
- Competency with spreadsheets to manipulate, analyse and present data
- Experience meeting customers
- Experience in the coding & marking industry
- Ability to listen and ask searching, clarifying questions to understand market problems / needs
- Good presentation / training skills to empower, motivate and influence sales teams.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to provide unambiguous information or direction, both written and verbally.
- Self-motivated, ambitious and proactive approach to work
- Strong interpersonal skills internally and externally
- Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects in an organised and timely manner
- Ability to work solo, but as well as in a cross functional team
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Commercially driven
- Personal impact and judgement to develop respect and relationships
- Flexibility for global travel
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.