ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
This role will support the product manager by providing pre- and post- sales technical expertise to help grow the Domino TIJ business.
Defining the pre-sales sample process, best practice and ensuring representative samples are produced for the sales force will be an initial focus of the role. Provide on site assistance on a global basis at end customer key accounts sites for and initial support into approved sales channel. Development and maintenance of technical support materials such as training documents, manuals drawings and briefing notes and help ensure these tools are employed by the relevant departments will also form part of the role.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide representative print samples and reports
- Define samples and testing processes
- Create and maintain samples database for channel reference
- Application evaluation within substrate, speed and installation criteria
- On site application evaluation, demonstration and trial support
- Work with software developers to advise best practices for interfacing with Domino’s TIJ product range
- Work with channels / OEMs to scope out additional software requirements, write specifications, agree deliverables and see software through to delivery.
- Share application knowledge globally assisting channels / subsidiaries to help drive growth.
- Provide support to BDM’s for the distribution channels. Visiting applications/countries to train and advise best practices to their engineers so they can support their customers effectively.
- Organise monthly communication with channels to drive business forward in those areas. Advising pre-sales questions and scoping out more complex applications for the channels
Development and delivery of training and support material
- Help create and maintain a catalogue of application profiles
- Help create Installation and set-up training for engineers
- Help create online support and training material
- Provide training on the software / protocol communications
- Create technical specifications as per product portfolio strategy and work closely with Development teams to deliver product developments
- Help evaluate new product developments
- Help understand new ink developments and understand application suitability
- Industry knowledge across multiple sectors
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BTEC or equivalent in engineering, software or similar subject
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of life sciences industry (desirable)
- Knowledge of software design and communications protocols
- Knowledge of network architecture
- Relevant experience (designing, maintaining, servicing or installation) of high resolution printing technology or related equipment
- Knowledge of TIJ or other industrial coding technologies desired
- Experience using development software such as Agile
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Good understanding of a wide range of modern manufacturing techniques
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Smartsheet
- Business Knowledge
- Flexible and innovative approach to problem solving
- Drive and energy
- Attention to detail
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proactive work style; ability to take initiative and work well with often changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.