ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
We aim to provide a market leading, human-centred user experience across our product range. Due to the diversity of our product range, the UX team is designing experiences for industrial HMIs, Desktop, Web and Mobile platforms.
This role will lead a small team of UI Designers, UX Designers and Researchers. Working closely with Product Management and R&D/Software Teams in Europe and Asia, the role will engage with all departments across Domino to design touchpoints which customers can easily use in order to keep their production lines running.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop a roadmap for UX across the range of Domino products
- Responsible for user research, identify user needs and goals
- Liaise with various departments across the company to provide a common and best in class user experience to Domino customers on all product platforms
- Based on research, set the vision and future roadmap for Domino’s User Experience
- Responsible to translate the UX vision to product requirements in the form of user journeys, user flows, sketches and wireframes
- Lead a team of UX Designers, UI Designers and Researchers
- Present, negotiate and champion research results and designs to stakeholders
- Responsible to deliver validated requirements and designs to other departments including Software, R&D and Product Management
- Create Technical Launch deliverables including training materials, documentation and web based support resources.
- Implement and maintain a human centred design approach
- Evangelise UX across Domino
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent in UX-related discipline
- Formal project management training (desirable)
- Product management training (desirable)
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience of hands on software UX research, design and delivery
- Extensive knowledge on Design Thinking methodology and its practical implementation
- Experience working with complex Design systems
- UX within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience managing people
- Strategic planning
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Leadership, mentoring and influencing
- Prototyping tools: Axure, Invision, Adobe CS
- Fast learner
- Proactive approach to work
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Customer and service oriented attitude
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Interest in latest design trends and technologies
- Can see the big picture, as well as obsess over the details
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty with ad-hoc design needs
- Presenting to an audience through presentations, and screencasts
- Experience with embedded software system design
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.