About Domino Printing Sciences
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
About This Opportunity
In this position your goal is to carry out a range of duties with a major emphasis on development of GC-MS and LC-MS methods for trace analysis. You will be responsible for planning and undertaking experiments intrinsic to ink development projects, adhering to regulatory compliance requirements.
- GC-MS and LC-MS method development for trace analysis
- Structural elucidation of unknown compounds
- Ensure experimental plans adhere to regulatory compliance requirements
- Communicate with colleagues to define requirements and to turn data into valuable knowledge
- Maintain accurate up to date laboratory records
- Work to the highest laboratory and safety standards
- Ph. D. in Chemistry with 3+ years of experience in analytical chemistry
- Demonstrable experience of analytical data interpretation to draw logical conclusions and provide recommendations
- Excellent sample preparation skills
- Theoretical understanding of chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Experience with GC-MS and LC-MS techniques preferred
- Experience in ISO, GLP and other regulatory compliance requirements preferred
Some of the key personal attributes we are looking for:
- Inquisitive mind and complex problem-solving ability
- Excellent technical scientific writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives
- Hands-on and self-directed
- Team player
- Positive and flexible attitude to work
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a generous benefits package of not only a competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme but also 25 days basic holiday (including the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days), flexible working hours, an on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, a green car scheme, private medical insurance and continuous training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.