Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long-established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be an important part in our Software Tools and Infrastructure team and play an integral role supporting the Software Development and Test teams. The Software Tools and Infrastructure team play a crucial role in our delivery of class leading software solutions to support Domino’s product development roadmap.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as our recent transformation to an Agile approach to development, using the Scrum framework and investment in testing resources and automated test infrastructure, allowing us to invest heavily in new Technologies and Development Tools and Processes.
We are currently updating our entire Software Development tool chain to a modular solution of industry leading tools such as Jira, Confluence, GIT, Jenkins and Coverity. The tool set will be Cloud based in Azure.
As part of your role, you will;
- Help to establish the new Azure development platform and add maturity into it by adding reports, dashboards, integrations etc.
- Be part of the team that works with our Software development teams to migrate the current projects across to the new cloud-based platform
- Implement changes and improvements to the entire delivery pipeline, fully utilising the capabilities of the new tool chain. Test the implementation and show the benefits gained using real world metrics the achieved improvements
- Create and continually improve relevant metrics to establish the efficiency of the delivery pipeline. Identify areas for improvement and implement those changes.
- Support the development teams in any cloud, tools or process problems
- Assist with the management of the R&D software tools & licenses.
- Work together with the other members of the software tools team to develop and refine migration strategies from on-premises resources to the Azure cloud
- Using knowledge of CI/CD industry best practice and toolsets, continually monitor the performance of the delivery pipeline, identify both process and tool improvements. Implement and validate any changes. Monitor the success of the changes and take any appropriate action to ensure changes are working as planned.
You will become a valuable member of the Software department as we continue to expand our growing team of 80 developers, test engineers and Tools support team. The software group are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of the software for all Domino coding and marking products whilst supporting and developing our infield products.
To be successful in this role you will need to have Extensive practical and demonstrable experience in Cloud Technologies (preferably Azure) and in software configuration management and build systems, process and tooling in an agile software development environment. It will be advantageous to have previous experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines in a Software Development environment whilst having an in-depth knowledge of software build and configuration management tools and industry best practice in these areas, including static analysis, automated unit and integration test tools as part of build process. Knowledge of how the build system supports agile development practices and what characteristics are important and what metrics and live information are needed in support would be beneficial.
You will also have in depth administration knowledge of both Linux and Windows O/S and experience with a range of development, build and deployment tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
Some of the key personal attributes we are looking for are:
- Natural process improver – always looking to find ways of doing things more effectively.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining quality
- A wide knowledge of industry best practices
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude.
- Team player and good communication skills
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a generous benefits package of not only a competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme but also 25 days basic holiday (including the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days), flexible working hours, an on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, a green car scheme, private medical insurance and continuous training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Working towards completion of Degree or HND in engineering or science
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.