DUK Accountant Opportunity
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions.
About the role
The DUK Accountant role will be part of the DUK Operations and R&D accounting team with responsibilities for ensuring accurate reporting of research and development departmental opex and project costs. The successful candidate will be responsible for DUK intercompany margin analysis, service inventory and hire and demo inventory. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career. Working within a friendly, close-knit Finance department, you will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues across the Domino business.
We are looking for someone to join our team by 23rd August 2021
In this position you can expect to be responsible for:
- Monthly review of DUK R&D Oracle project accounting module to ensure accuracy of costs captured on a project-by-project basis, and of DUK R&D departmental opex against budget/forecast, investigating variances and maintaining accruals and prepayments.
- Delivering the annual DUK R&D opex budget to Finance timetable. Producing forecasts as required through the year.
- Providing financial reporting to R&D management to enable them to understand and control departmental and project costs. To include weekly spend reports and ad hoc finance support to the R&D function.
- Intercompany margin analysis – verifying revenue, cost of sales and quantities, identifying root causes of any issues and implementing corrective actions as appropriate.
- Finance aspects of DUK Hire & Demo machine stock and Service inventory, ensuring correction valuation, maintaining provisions in line with Group policy, calculating internal recharges. Providing support to European entities in respect of H&D transactions and accounting.
- Other finance tasks as reasonably required, this may include support for the Operations or Financial accounting areas of the team at certain times of the year.
You’ll be ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified, or part qualified. You’re self-driven and organised with effective time management skills. Your energetic and calm approach combined with your eye for detail means that you maintain consistently high standards in the work you deliver. This role will provide exposure to senior management and offers great exposure.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few!
We recognise that flexible homeworking is beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers.
We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Click on 'Apply’ and you will be directed to a web form where you can upload your CV. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.