Graduate Chemist Opportunity
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long-established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
About the role
You will join our Coding & Marking ink development team within Marking Materials department (80 people), reporting to one of the Senior Chemists. Your role as a Graduate Chemist will involve formulating fluid products in the laboratory, testing them in printers and taking them all the way to manufacturing. You will work within a small team in an innovative and dynamic environment with cutting-edge analytical and printing equipment. You will be developing reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste while attracting, informing and protecting consumers following Domino values.
As part of your role you will:
- Design, plan and create formulations against a set of established test methods derived from customer needs
- Work in the laboratory to generate robust data demonstrating the appropriate level of scientific rigor including peer review where appropriate
- Undertake analytical work to understand interaction of ingredients with printers in collaboration with our analytical experts
- Write reports and communicate your findings at group meetings
- Develop your own printing expertise
- Contribute to the Marking Materials quality and process improvement plan
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with Group health & safety, and environmental policies
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
We are looking for graduates who have recently graduated within the last two years who have gained some knowledge from professional experience however this is not essential.
Some experience and knowledge that would be beneficial for the role:
- Industrial chemistry – you have experience/knowledge of manufacturing approaches to relevant chemicals
- Process Chemistry – you experience/are knowledgeable about scaling up laboratory experiments
- Material Chemistry – you have experience/knowledge of materials commonly used in inks
- Formulation Chemistry – you have experience/knowledge of formulating fluids to achieve stable products
You'll be familiar with the use of experimental design methods with knowledge of DoE experiments. Suitable candidate will have a positive and proactive approach to their work, enjoy hands-n lab work and the opportunity for analytical thinking.
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a generous benefits package of not only a competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme but also 25 days basic holiday (including the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days), flexible working hours, an on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, a green car scheme, private medical insurance and continuous training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.