Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
Working as part of a multi-discipline Design team you will design and develop Coding and Marking products for Domino's Global Market. Focussing mostly on Mechanical aspect of design however, you will work closely with our Electrical and System engineers along with the wider project team to deliver our products to market. You will work along side and support the wider Mechanical Design team to deliver and maintain our high quality product range.
- You will be a Technical Expert in the design, development and testing of components, assemblies, sub-systems and products at the functional level
- Lead on delivering projects
- Interpret product requirements and create specifications for components, assemblies and sub-systems for the products to be created
- Relative to the requirements defined, assess options, make recommendations and select appropriate solutions to meet the requirements. Engage/ Lead with peer/design review processes, FMEA methods, cross functional team members and drive to achieve high quality solutions
- Define design decision making with good quality data from calculation/analysis through simulation, prototyping and functional tests
- Continuously build skills, competency and knowledge in mechanical design, manufacturing and the industry in general to ensure our designs and methods are efficient and reliable and help ensure the team follow Standards
- Lead designing and completing experiments, taking measurements, interpreting results and making logical conclusions based on good data
- Lead Tolerance Analysis & integration of parts, assemblies in Big Picture view
- Take a lead role in developing & defining STANDARDS within / across Domino Group
- Confident in decision making and able to escalate when required
- Ability to work from requirements to deliver what the customer needs
- Willingness to support products through their lifecycle from development to production
- Working in cross-functional way with multi discipline teams at all levels within the company
- Self-starting and self-supporting. Eager to learn, gain knowledge and share this knowledge
- Customer Focused
- Degree or equivalent in Product Design / Mechanical Engineering or related subject
We are looking for an individual who;
What you can expect
- Strong Communicator, enjoys networking and can create strong cross company relationships
- Questioning and analysis to understand product requirements, quality and behaviour
- Enjoys data gathering and sharing knowledge to enhance decision making
- Passionate creator to design innovative products and resolve technical challenges
- Has an appreciation of the value of processes and procedures and how to use/ improve them
- Enjoys developing junior members of the team
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.