ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd has a long established global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. We offer a wide range of printing technologies including continuous Inkjet, Laser Coding, Drop on Demand, Print and Apply and Thermal Inkjet. We are positive you will have seen the success of our products without even noticing, from expiry dates on eggs to medicines in your bathrooms.
Reporting to one of the Software Development Managers, your role as Scrum Master will involving leading one or more scrum teams through project developments to deliver the required and expected business value and results to the business. You will be an active member of the Scrum Master community in a maturing Scrum framework and take an active role in developing the capabilities of the Scrum Masters within our Software department.
You will join our Software department at an exciting time as we continue to expand our team of 70 developers and test engineers. The software group are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of the software for all Domino coding and marking products whilst supporting and developing our in field products.
As part of your role you will;
- Be responsible for facilitating one or more scrum teams through Scrum processes and ceremonies in a newly implemented Agile environment.
- Have a responsibility for ensuring transparency of all project / Product issues through metrics, proactive communication and know when to escalate issues and roadblocks.
- Cultivate a team environment of communication and collaboration with an emphasis on team commitment and delivery of value back to the business.
- Take a proactive role in helping raise the profile of community of Scrum Masters who work collaboratively to continuously improve this discipline and the Agile methodology within the business.
- Inspire change and continuous improvement with a focus on efficiency, productivity, happiness, and motivation of the team
- Develop good relationships across the organization, and help your team connect to the right people
- Look for and remove team impediments and `noise` to improve team productivity
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we are investing heavily both in an agile process transformation using the Scrum methodology and in our test resources and automated test infrastructure, all supported by industry leading tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT, Coverity etc.
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience delivering in agile methodology, working within a Scrum team with a mixture of agile abilities, a servant-leader mentality. Knowledge of Agile metrics and the software development life cycle is desired.
Some of the key personal attributes we are looking for:
- Positive and proactive approach to work
- Soft skills and self-awareness
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent Communication
- People and Team Building Skills
- Natural process improver – always looking to find ways of doing things more effectively.
- Problem solving
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a generous benefits package of not only a competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme but also 25 days basic holiday (including the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days), flexible working hours, an on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, a green car scheme, private medical insurance and continuous training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.