Bar Hill, Cambridgeshire
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions.
Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management, and brand protection.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for the team where you will lead technically the design of new ink architectures, the formulation of fluid products in the laboratory & evaluate their performance on substrates and in printers in response to market requirements. You will either work independently or supervise/line managed junior staff in an innovative and dynamic environment with cutting-edge analytical and robotic equipment.
As part of your role you will;
- Lead the design of ink architectures and creation of formulations against a set of clear and defined targeted properties derived from market requirements
- Create laboratory test methods from the analysis of real-case scenarios in customer’s environment
- Ensure products are designed-for-manufacturing
- Interact with experts in analytical chemistry, material science, regulatory, chemical/mechanical/electrical engineering, data science/statistics and physics to make sure the requirement specifications are well within the limitations of the product designed
- Evaluate the technical risks and propose mitigation measures to enable to deliver project to the agreed timeline/quality/budget
- Contribute to the Marking Materials quality and process improvement initiatives within the Marking Materials group and wider functional teams
- Implement new technology developed by the wider R&D team in your own work where applicable
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have Experience/ be knowledgeable about scaling up laboratory experiments (Process Chemistry)
- Have a track record of successful development of products through gated process
- Have a keen interest in the production of items/parts from a process point of view (Industrial production)
We are looking for someone with key personal attributes that align to our Domino values of Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility:
- Enthusiastic for hands-on lab work
- Promotor of collaboration and team work
- Analytical thinking
- Good organisational and problem solving skills
- Concern for standards
- Attentive to details
- Results driven
- Good scientific writing skills
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance as well as scheme such as the Cycle Scheme and the Tech Scheme. We know that training and development is essential for us all to progress our careers and there will be lots of development opportunities to progress your career with Domino. We think Domino is a great place to work and this role will be fun, challenging and really rewarding. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility and if you join us you will become part of an award-winning global team.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.