Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions.
Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery,
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join our Software department at an exciting time as we continue to expand our team of 70 developers and test engineers. You will have an important role and contribute significantly to the development of cost effective and innovative embedded software solutions that contribute to the strategic direction and goals of Domino.
The Software Group are responsible for the delivery of new and innovative products and services in line with the strategic roadmap to ensure Domino continues to be a market leader in Coding and Marking Solutions.
We have heavily invested in new Technologies, Development Tools and Processes whilst also adopting an Agile approach to development that not only produces class leading software that improves the quality and capabilities of our products whilst also enhances our employees knowledge and skillset.
As an active member of a Scrum team you will be responsible for delivering software that meets the relevant acceptance criteria of Customer User stories. Being a member of this team will enable you to learn and develop your skills and knowledge across the entire product codebase (Printer Software, User Interface, Comms, Interfaces etc).
Some of the key tasks and capabilities of this role are;
- Participate in all Scrum ceremonies
- Collaboratively work with team members to ensure completion of technical tasks. Contribute to work and discussions aimed at identifying solutions to technical challenges.
- Develop ‘I’ shaped skills (deep knowledge in a single area) and begin to develop wider ‘T’ shaped skills that grow and expand your knowledge across the entire codebase.
- Ensure all relevant knowledge is captured and shared using appropriate methods
- Where applicable, mentor and help develop the skills of team members
- Participate in the agile maturity of the scrum team helping your team in its goal of being a high performing team.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience of various Operating Systems
(preferably Windows CE and Linux (Yocto). You will also have good technical programming skills in C++ and Python. Additionally, you will have relevant experience in other areas of the Software Development Lifecycle, including Design Patterns, test methodologies and tools (unit/component testing, code reviews etc) and CI/CD methods/tools (pipelines, Jenkins, BitBucket). Just as important as these technical skills is experience and/or understanding of working collaboratively in teams to deliver customer value within an Agile Scrum environment.
We are looking for someone with key personal attributes that align with our Domino Values of Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility:
- Works with collaboration mindset and team mentality
- Strong communication skills; challenging assumptions but also demonstrate genuine interest, empathy and appreciation for other ideas to continually improve
- A desire to learn and gain knowledge across the entire software codebase
- Take ownership and responsibility delivering both personal and team goals
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance as well as scheme such as the Cycle Scheme and the Tech Scheme. We know that training and development is essential for us all to progress our careers and there will be lots of development opportunities to progress your career with Domino. We think Domino is a great place to work and this role will be fun, challenging and really rewarding.
Please click on 'Apply’ and you will be directed to a web form where you can upload your CV. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.