Software Development Manager
Domino UK Ltd
Are you an aspiring or current Software Development Manager looking for that next challenge in your career?
We have a great opportunity here at Domino for a Software Development Manager to come join our Software team and make an immediate impact as we add structure and capability to our newly created Advanced Services team. We are a rapidly maturing agile Software department of 70+ developers and testers who have embraced agile thinking and methodologies (Scrum). As a team we are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of software for all Domino coding and marking products whilst supporting and developing our infield products.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we build up our Advanced Services team to explore and exploit new opportunities as Industry 4.0 and Smart Factories become commonplace. The team will be focussed on developing new value add software around connectivity and servitisation as we look to build additional customer value to compliment our Printer and Consumables offering.
As a Development Manager here at Domino you will take responsibility for the overall delivery of Software for our Advanced Services team. This will involve providing leadership for one or more of our Agile Scrum development teams. You will oversee the people and processes involved in developing, testing, releasing and ongoing support of one or more Domino products. You’ll ensure your team follow the company's business and engineering management processes while working collaboratively with other teams and functions to achieve agreed business goals.
As part of your role you will;
- Take overall responsibility for the development and successful delivery of one or more software products/services within the Advanced Services team
- Be responsible for the planning and allocation of resources to meet the needs of the project.
- Monitor and report progress to plan, identify and manage risks both within the software department and externally, taking action and escalating as needed
- Ensure the quality of Software delivery by working collaboratively with the Software Test Team to align with the Test Strategy
- Support your team(s) by providing the necessary software tools, equipment and skills to fulfil their role and deliver to expectations
- Liaise with other Development Managers, teams and functions to ensure timely provision of resources and to manage dependencies
- Line management and development of team members in line with the Domino Framework
- Oversee and be responsible for the agile maturity of your team(s) and work with Scrum Masters to help them on their journey to becoming ‘high performing’.
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience of managing and leading software development teams with a proven record of successful delivery. Experience in one or more of the following areas would be beneficial: Connected Industrial IOT environments (with Real Time and Reliability constraints); understanding of Cloud Cybersecurity requirements; development experience of value add software services.
We are looking for someone with key personal attributes that align to our Domino values of Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility:
- Strong communicator who promotes facilitation and collaboration
- An ‘agility’ mindset in delivering products and services. Adaptable to change and passionate about continually improving all aspects of product delivery.
- Leverages strong financial and commercial acumen to support decision making
- Passionate about developing yourself and others and understanding everyone’s individual needs
At Domino Printing Sciences, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance, dental plans, enhanced maternity leave, as well as schemes such as the Cycle Scheme and the Tech Scheme. We know that training and development is essential for us all to progress our careers and there will be lots of development opportunities here at Domino. We think Domino is a great place to work and we're committed to Domino offering a fun, challenging and really rewarding workplace.
If you want to join a global expert industry company dedicated to investing in its people, its products and its future then apply now by clicking on 'Apply’ and you will be directed to a web form where you can upload your CV. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.