ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
C++ Software Engineer
Directly participate in the development of cost-effective and innovative embedded software solutions, in-line with company business objectives, meeting technical, business and quality requirements. This job typically involves design implementation by programming using C++
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Software requirements analysis, understanding design and implementing code
- Bug fixing, testing and debugging of implemented components
- Cooperate with own team and other team members as required by tasks
- Assist with problem investigation, observe and provide appropriate opinion as and when required
- Review of software requirements, detailed design and test specifications
- Participate in required integration testing and validation tasks
- Learn and improve technical skills; explore ownership, management and leadership
- Technical capability
- Confidence to explore
- Problem Solving
- Team Working
- Initiating Action
- Questioning & Analysis
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent in software / electronic engineering, science or technology.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in hands-on software development in an embedded real-time environment
- C++ programming, OOP, RAII
- Working knowledge of STL and Boost
- Experience of working in an Agile (Scrum) Framework
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, Unit tests (Google Test Framework)
- Understanding of debug techniques
- Working knowledge of Qt, C#, Windows CE, Posix , QML, HTML 5, JS
- Electronic hardware to software interfacing (typical computer’s hardware architecture)
- Microprocessor, microcontroller and FPGA architectures (interfacing perspective)
- Pro-active approach to work and flexibility
- Strive to simplicity, quality and usefulness
- Capacity to understand complexity
- Good communication and team player
- Confidence to experiment and desire to learn
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.