Software Automation Test Engineer
To ensure high quality of products delivered from Domino R&D through automated software testing as a part of an agile development team. This is achieved by building a comprehensive regression framework and develop team capabilities to automate.
We are looking for mid-level test engineers to join our growing department This is an exciting time to join Domino software as we make a significant investment in improving our testing capability, alongside adoption of agile development practices. The test automation engineer will become part of the wider test community and helps drive the testing function forward.
- Full member of an agile test community with particular focus on automated testing, helping the teams deliver tested software of high quality, that meets functional and performance requirements.
- Writing, executing and reviewing of test artefacts (test scripts, definitions etc)
- Develop and enhance tests in the automation framework
- Presenting, recording and analysing all findings in a comprehensive and detailed manner to team and wider groups, reporting any issues found
- Active participation in test community, driving the test capability forward
- Works with teams to help design testable software
- Participate in test reviews
- Proficient in Python
- Creativity, Energy & Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Team Working
- Natural curiosity and critical thinking
- Detail conscious
- Personal organisation and time management
- Complete understanding of the SDLC
- Knowledgeable on agile processes
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- BSc (Hons) and/or relevant experience in software engineering, science or technology
- Reasonable automated testing experience
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in software QA and testing - as a practising QA engineer and with agile tools and processes appropriate to embedded software development with real time and hardware constraints delivering to a varied and demanding customer base.
- In depth knowledge of software QA and test function, tools and processes, particularly in an agile working environment.
- Demonstratable experience and knowledge of the use of Python for automated test creation.
- Familiarity with Behaviour Driven Development.
- Demonstratable experience in and passion for automation of software testing.
- Passion for software testing and its varieties
- Familiarity with C++ in embedded real-time software, Linux and Embedded Windows.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of source control systems (GIT)
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with REST API programming
- Familiar with PostgreSQL
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude.
- Quality focus – strives to ensure what the team delivers is of high quality, prepared to stand ground on this when necessary.
- Detailed thinker, effectively manages own time and work to completion.
- Natural process improver – always looking to find ways of doing things more effectively.
- Team player – works hard to help the team achieve goals and deliver on commitments.
- Seeks continuous improvement, both personally and for the team.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.