ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE -
This role uses tools to enable the determination of printing parameters and then optimise the product development cycle through automation and data analysis. The tools are specialised camera equipment and printer hardware that allow the user to optimise the generation of ink droplets using defined methodology. The printed images are assessed with commercial software as well as bespoke software written in MatLab. Metrics produced from the printed image are analysed along with the test conditions and physical/chemical properties of the ink to look for trends and form predictive models for the development of ink and hardware.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Working closely with the product development teams, actively participate in system/sub-system requirements analysis, concept proposals and top-level design.
- Development and delivery of robust test capability, evolving test metrics, building test procedures and providing analysis of data.
- Aid development and evolution of physical models, through practical experimentation combined with analytical and empirical methods.
- Specify and execute verification and validation exercises of proposed test metrics or physical models. Seeking to align and correlate with national / international standards where appropriate.
- Questioning and analysis
- Self organisation
- Initiating action
- Work Standards
- Team working
EDUCATION & TRAINING
BSc (Hons) or equivalent in science / engineering.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in recording and presenting data.
- Used to working in small multidisciplinary teams.
- Writing technical reports and procedures.
- Analytical problem solving
- Programming, MatLab an advantage.
- Numerical analysis of data using appropriate software tools.
- General computer skills (i.e. office suite, setting up hardware, connecting instrumentation …).
- Proactive approach to work
- Time management
- Results orientated
- Approachable style
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.