ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Customer Experience Change & Learning Advisor
This role will focus on some of the people side of change, supporting project and programme managers in the delivery of business change activities within the Customer Experience function, including change around business processes, systems and technology.
The primary responsibility will be supporting the creation and implementation of change management activities and plans that maximise employee adoption and usage and encourage acceptance. This includes the creation of learning materials and delivery of training to affected employee groups.
From time to time you will work closely with the HR Business partner / Local HR supporting role review & job design and any associated impact on people & organisational design.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply change management processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Design, development and delivery of learning materials and training.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams on change management best practice
- Coach managers and supervisors to support implementation of change
- Support the HR BP in some areas of organisational change activities.
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plans
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Proven track record of design, development and delivery of learning materials
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening and facilitation skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Good standard of education in literacy and numeracy
- Graduate or similar
- Change management certification
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Articulate Storyline
- Decisive thinker
- Skilled influencer
- Personally credible
- Driver to deliver
- Courage to challenge
- Role Model
- Coaching approach
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.