ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Fluids Group - SHE Manager
Domino takes the safety and welfare of its employees and visitors and its impact on the environment very seriously and strives to ensure that best practice is applied across the Domino Group companies worldwide.
The Fluids Manufacturing SHE Manager will ensure a consistent, proactive, high-quality health and safety culture exists in the fluids processing plants. To ensure local practices and procedures meet Group Policies to support best practice and meet all local legislative requirements.
The role will report to the Group Fluids Director and interface closely with the Group SHE team in Bar Hill.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the local management team in Liverpool and SHE advisors in other fluids plants in USA, China and India to implement processes and procedures that meet the Group wide policies and local legislation.
- Stay abreast of impending H&S legislation and ensure any new requirements are incorporated into Group Policies via the Group SHE team.
- Develop the local SHE strategy and improvement plan with the site management team and the Group SHE team.
- Lead the integrity of HAZOP studies within the Fluids Group for all required processes.
- Support and advise on the creation of high-quality risk assessments including specialist Risk Assessments e.g. Machinery, DSEAR/ATEX, COSHH that ensures that a preventative approach is applied to working practice.
- Work with the Group SHE officer to develop best practice behavioural safety processes to manage chemicals ensuring compliance with DSEAR/ATEX and CoSHH.
- Collate and provide KPI’s that focus on prevention in addition to accident and incident statistics and provide the results to Group SHE team on a monthly basis.
- Become an active member of the Global SHE community with the Group SHE team and all of the local SHE advisors creating a network to help each other and drive further improvement.
- Support the development of a range of learning material for specialist areas particularly related to chemical management with the Group SHE team.
- Co-ordinate and deliver subject focused learning material to the site teams using a range of methods
- Assist with SHE activities at other Group sites within the UK and abroad.
- Oversee the administration the SHE management system at the site.
- Support the evaluation, development and deployment of a SHE management software tool with the Group SHE team, and to assist in rolling out Group wide.
- Carry out investigations into serious incident investigation as and when required.
- Host audits to maintain OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 accreditation for the site if required.
- Implement local processes to support the transition to ISO45001.
- Depending on specialist knowledge participate if required as a member of the Group SHE Steering committee.
- Identify and assist in continuous improvement opportunities around SHE.
- Carry out the Group SHE assessments in your site with the local management team and report results and improvement plans to Group SHE team.
- Co-ordinate the site SHE committee ensuring that a forum exists to discuss SHE matters on a monthly basis, driving the action plans in line with need.
- Ability to drive risk assessment standards and action plans as the basis of safety
- Ability to lead local site management teams and employees regarding SHE and relevant change management
- Identify pragmatic solutions to a variety of SHE questions
- Ability to present to a range of audiences, up to Senior Management level.
- Good report writing ability.
- Ability to interpret policies and legislation and apply a pragmatic approach to solutions.
- Ability to network with other SHE professionals across the Group.
- Ability to communicate with all levels
- Compile data to support analysis and improvement.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Degree level education
- NEBOSH Diploma – Level 6
- NEBOSH International Diploma – Level 6
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- Previous experience in a H&S role related to chemicals / dangerous substances.
- Knowledge of local H&S legislation.
- Delivery of cultural change programs
- Track record of demonstrable continuous improvement of core KPI’s
- Understanding of the OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001Standard
- Understanding of the ISO14001 Environmental standard.
- Personal network within SHE profession beyond employer
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Process and system driven manager
- Builds relationships beyond site level
- Gravitas to influence the local and group teams.
- Good listener
- Good communicator
- Demonstrates continued professional development
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.