ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Warehouse and Despatch Manager
Reporting into the Logistics & Supply Chain Manager, the role is responsible for leading and successfully managing the despatch, warehouse, stores & export teams covering the inbound and outbound warehouse operations, product & stock handling, and finished product movement.
You will have extensive Warehouse Management experience, with proven delivery of implementing change and best practice in a busy warehouse environment. You will be confident & resilient, with strong leadership and influencing skills able to motivate and encourage your teams. Flexible in your approach with the ability to adapt your communication style as required to liaise with all levels of the organisation along with external customers and suppliers.
We continuously strive to put the customer first and focus on providing the best possible service & quality to exceed their expectations. You will have experience working in a similar environment placing the customer at its centre.
You will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive a logistics strategy to improve customer service, accuracy and quality of products through the internal and external supply chain, from incoming goods, warehousing, despatch and export logistics
- Translate the organisational goals into SMART objectives to provide value to the customer and the Liverpool organisation
- Ensure all warehouse and despatch areas are managed appropriately and utilised effectively, driving continuous improvement initiatives, promoting a LEAN environment
- Ensure compliance for dangerous goods export including documentation
- Ensure continuous improvement of despatch planning and internal communications / relationships with manufacturing
- Ensure training and legislative compliance for export logistics and warehousing is adhered to at all points through the supply chain
- Ensure quality of finished goods meets customer expectations and Liverpool quality standards for accuracy and packaging
- Measure and review KPI’s for the team and individuals to ensure expectations are being met
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, working proactively to ensure relationships are fostered
- Ensure health and safety and environmental compliance, risk assessment and communication
- Review contractual and ad-hoc logistics contracts, freight routings, costs and logistical efficiency for bought in materials and exported finished goods
- Demonstrable presence
- Emphasis on health, safety and environment
- Problem solving, innovation, planning and organisation
- Tenacity and accountability
- Adapting and responding to change
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Integrity, respect and teamwork
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Significant / 10 years+ experience in a logistics / warehousing
- Evidence of specialist career-based / in house or accredited training within Warehouse & Logistics
- Demonstrates significant career progression within Warehousing
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships across all areas of the organisation, influential, focused on delivering improvement strategy and excellence
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Currently operating in a similar environment.
- Positive and effective team player
- Focused career professional
- High Energy, strives to deliver excellence of self and team
- Excellent Communication Skills
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY PROFILE
FORMULATING STRATEGIES & CONCEPTS
- Works strategically to realise organisational goals
- Able to view operational / transactional activities in wider group context
- Takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation
PLANNING & ORGANISATION
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
PERSUADING & INFLUENCING
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
WORKING WITH PEOPLE
- Demonstrates an interest in and an understanding of others, adapting to the team and building team spirit
- Recognises and rewards the contribution of others
- Listens, consults others and communicates proactively
- Supports and cares for others
- Develops and openly communicates self-insight such as an awareness of own strengths and weaknesses
COPING WITH PRESSURE & SETBACKS
- Works productively in high pressure environments
- Balances the demands of work life and personal life
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Handles criticism well and learns from it
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.