ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Technical Product Specialist
1. Product and Application support for the DP product range.
2. Technical Product management for the DP product range.
3. Support Commercial Product Management team
KEYTASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Take technical responsibility for Domino products including K600i and Bitjet+.
- Maintain an Engineering Project priorities list relevant to current product status.
- Produce, approve and release Technical documentation. Maintain and update information on the Domino website.
- Support and facilitate product support meetings.
- Provide an escalation conduit for the business to our product suppliers both internal and external for both sales and technical enquiries.
- Support product enquiries from Technical and Commercial teams.
- Manage product quality issues.
- Manage ongoing product, accessory and ancillary support.
- Take ownership of a number of new Domino products.
- Outline, manage and undertake any tests or validation to prove product viability, compatibility or performance. Where appropriate technically prove new products in the target applications (Working with sales channel and where required on the appropriate customer site)
- Drive product and related applications development plan.
- Liaise and evaluate suppliers’ offerings from technical perspective.
- Produce, approve and release Technical Bulletins for new products.
- Deliver content for technical manuals.
- Complete all necessary documentation to allow the product to be active on the system.
- Assist with the completion and production of product materials including accessory guides, Brochures, and spare parts lists. Update product configurators.
- Provide sales channel and project training to facilitate the introduction and enhance sales capabilities.
- Work with the other teams to ensure we standardise all documentation and procedures. Follow the PCP process when required. Attending all relevant meetings when required.
- Provide feedback to assist in the continual development of products. Provide expertise in existing and future Domino products
- Ensure that all customer requests (internal and external) are professionally handled, scheduled and acted upon.
- Ensure that we are working in line with all internal operational processes
- Use individual skills to develop and produce any tools or product enhancements that will benefit the business.
The appropriate person should be able to prioritise actions based on various complex requirements from different customers and should be able to communicate and demonstrated the business deliverables to both the commercial and technical support operations.
- Initiating Action
- Work Standards
- Listening & Empathy
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- HND level in Science or Engineering related discipline.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Technical experience in the Continuous inkjet printing industry
- Product support and engineering.
- Experience in the commercial printing business.
- Involvement with the introduction of new products to the field.
- Inkjet fundamentals, Inks, Curing, Dyne level and substrates.
- All round engineering skills
- Mechanical, Strong background
- Electronics, good understanding
- Software, High level user (installation and test).
- PC Skills
- Software OS installation
- Report Writing
- Microsoft Products including Windows and Office products – Good user level
- Customer focused
- Team player that can work independently. Can work under pressure.
- Demonstrates ownership of projects and issues.
- Positive, Hands on attitude.
- Methodical with good attention to detail.
- Willing to travel, Flexible working, Driving license
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.