ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Junior Quality Control Technician - Liverpool
To assist in testing raw materials, intermediate products and finished goods in accordance with published specifications and to ensure that Quality Processes are being observed across the site.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To test all incoming raw materials and third-party products according to the internal specifications and Test Methods and to ensure that their QC status is clearly labelled.
- To work in a safe manner, ensuring that your actions do not place yourself or your colleagues in danger.
- To ensure that non-conforming material is identified and to advise QC Technicians so that appropriate corrective and preventative actions can be identified.
- To ensure that tests are conducted in accordance with the Test Methods and that equipment is calibrated according to the published requirements.
- To record results in a clear manner using both the automated system and written records.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced production testing environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work on own and as part of a team.
- Numerate – able to work out percentage additions.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Maths and Science GCSEs.
- Potential to pursue further educational opportunities to enhance technical skills and allow for career progression.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Operating in a fast-moving production or test environment.
- Team working.
- Arithmetically literate (able to calculate percentages etc.).
- Attention to detail.
- Well organised.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Desire for personal development and training.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.