ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
The Main duties are to control the Domino UK (DUK) Oracle sales order processing system, to complete the paperwork associated with UK and International orders and communicate the status of urgent orders to business teams.
The job holder is legally responsible for the consignment of loads in compliance with Carriage of Dangerous Goods regulations, IATA regulations and shipment of Dangerous Goods by Road and Sea ensuring accuracy of all orders and associated paperwork. You will also support the Warehouse Manager and Logistics Coordinator with the delivery of long-term improvement projects to continually support business and process improvement.
Full time/Job Share
- Sales order confirmation and dealing with customer queries request, communicating the status of urgent UK orders and UK backorders to the UK business team
- To arrange for the collection and transport of completed Export Orders in order to meet Customer due dates, liaising with shipping/freight companies on timing and best available means of shipping.
- To liaise with the Logistics Coordinator and Warehouse Manager on order progress and any relevant issues likely to affect customer due dates.
- To ensure that Export Orders sheets / paperwork are confirmed accurately with all relevant data such as Lot Numbers and freight charges and ensure that detailed packing lists are produced.
- Update Booking In/Out Sheet with carriers’ details & update the Export Planning Schedule with all necessary information.
- Working closely with other Logistics Administrators to develop a good understanding of all works areas within Logistics, working collaboratively and able to provide cover as and when required.
- Build strong relationships with Material Control and Manufacturing to ensure materials and products are available to meet shipping schedules.
- Ensure that the Oracle system correctly reflects despatch status in real time, through accurate and timely bookings of cycle counting and inventory.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- GCSES, inc Maths & English or NVQ Level 3
- Previous experience within a Logistics / Export administration within a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of Oracle ERP system or similar
- Previous experience Salesforce customer support systems
- Familiarity with AVSEC/Dangerous Goods regulations is desirable
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- IT Literate with knowledge of using both Oracle and Microsoft programmes, inc Excel
- Previous experience using a specialist WMS
- Strong communication skills
- Organised and Accurate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Supportive Team player, strives to work together and support peers and department
- Previous experience working within a fast paced and pressurised environment.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.