ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
Material Handler - Liverpool
Working at the new large-scale Domino fluids facility, reporting into and supporting the warehouse team leader, you will be responsible for all vehicle loading and unloading activities, storage and securing of all material received and distributed from site, stock and packaging replenishment and removal of waste.
You will be part of the Material handling service function team, supporting the manufacturing and despatch operations through provision of all required materials and packaging. The team will monitor and manage all site material movements to fulfil localised Kanban areas, ensure stock rotation and accurate stock transactions and manage and control all vehicle movements on site including goods in, shipping, bulk solvent tanker and small parcels.
Our Group Customer Experience strategy is at the centre of our business to ensure we deliver the support our customers around the world need; you will be committed to putting the customer first and focussing on providing the best possible service to exceed their expectations.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure vehicle movements on site are managed safely and efficiently
- On a rotational basis ensure vehicle movements on site are managed in a controlled fashion, ensuring safety around the site exterior and that vehicles are attended to in a timely fashion
- Ensure accurate and timely booking of delivered items (inventory items) onto Oracle following delivery, communicating with and informing internal departments when required
- Movement of material and internal staff liaison
- Work alongside all internal departments ensuring stock and material is handled and moved around site in a safe and controlled manner
- Maintain all storage areas to a high level of tidiness and organisation complying with housekeeping policy ensuring safe access to all areas of facility
- Ensure all materials are safely stored and protected in accordance with the site requirements
- Ensure internal Kanban areas are replenished adequately according to daily and weekly demand
- Remove efficient disposal of waste, ensuring material segregation in accordance with site management waste plan
- Ensure provision of new waste handling containers according to demand
- Attend L1meetings as required and provide input to stock accuracy and cycle count completion and understand urgency of delivered materials.
- Cycle counting
- complete cycle counts in line with schedule produced by the Inventory department ensuring all stock checking is carried out accurately and timely
- Good Communicator
- Confident with using varied communications systems
- Flexibility to react to unexpected demand and proactive attitude to demand changes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- IT literate with MS office
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Educated to GSCE standard or equivalent
- NVQ in warehousing or materials handling
- Valid Fork Lift Truck Licence
- Valid Counterbalance, Reach Truck and Cherry Picker Licence or previous operating experience
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Use and understanding of different material handling equipment
- FLT safety
- Able to work and communicate with individuals throughout the organisation
- Accuracy and Precision
- Proactive approach
- Time management & personal organisation
- Can do attitude
- Flexible and supportive
- Able to self-manage and take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive and tenacious
- Focussed with attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Organised, self-starter and quick learner
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.