ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
1 Provide Field Service Support for the complete range of Domino Digital Print products.
2 Integrate and commission the products and systems sold by the Digital Printing business.
3 Provide DP sales assistance in the delivery of technical solutions and products that conforms to best practice.
4 Provide customer training.
5 Continually work to advance efficiency of technical implementation
1 Service Support.
- Provide Field Service support and preventive Maintenance on the complete DP product range as outlined in the product manuals.
- Provide feedback to the service manager to assist Domino in identifying trends.
- Collect customer feedback and requests and ensure that that all are professionally handled and acted on.
- Complete customer service documentation in full and return to head office for customer invoicing.
- Ensure that the appropriate Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
2 Product Integration and Commissioning.
- Install and commission the equipment within timescales outlined by the Project Manager (demonstrations, rentals, trials and installations).
- Installation work is to be carried out in accordance with the Project Managers guidelines.
- Keep project manager informed of project progress.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure we standardise all documentation and procedures.
- Liaise with customer on all aspects of project for a successful completion.
3 Provide DP sales assistance.
- Support trials of Domino equipment to prospective customers.
- Carry out demonstrations of Domino equipment with sales manager.
- Attend sales visits as technical consultant in sales negotiations.
- Liaise and provide all necessary information needed to the samples lab to provide best reliable samples.
4 Customer Training.
- Provide customer training when needed.
- Manage own training needs with support of line manager.
5 Continually work to advance efficiency of project implementation.
- Attend project meetings when requested.
- Produce technical documentation in a standard format for future reference.
- Work closely with the product management group to continually develop skills on new equipment.
- Any other duties as assigned by management and consistent with the level of this role.
- Assess these processes continually to endeavour to improve departmental efficiency.
- Work Standards
- Questioning and Analysis
- Impact & Acceptability
- Team Working
- Problem Solving
- Listening & Empathy
- Stress Tolerance
The appropriate person should have the ability to remain calm in pressurised environments, be able to prioritise actions based on various complex requirements from different customers, and should be able to communicate and demonstrate the business deliverables to both the commercial and technical support operations.
Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of all DP products including the N-Series Digital colour press, the theory on which it is based and the applications of this product. Integration of DOD (Drop on Demand) and CIJ (Continuous Ink Jet) inkjet printers onto OEM and customer production lines, utilising PC-based variable data controllers. Domino will provide suitable training to support this, though previous experience of at least one of the technologies is essential.
Has the interest in understanding how things work and has the technical ability to enable electrical, electronic and mechanical fault finding and resolution. To be able to apply an analytical and logical approach to fault finding and problem solving.
To be able to interact with customers at all levels to the point of implementing or seeking a solution to a problem. Have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.