ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
To provide comprehensive HR administration and support to the HR team across all aspects of HR. The role will involve working as part of a team whilst having responsibility and accountability for own area of work. The role will require a positive contribution to improving the processes and systems HR use and an enthusiastic approach to both routine and project work.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work closely with HR Business Partners to support recruitment campaigns for individual roles
- Drafting offer packs and ensuring communication of new starter is sent
- Ensure the corporate website is up to date with current jobs.
- Coordinate all aspects of interviews with recruitment agencies and direct applicants for Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners.
- Ensure the recruitment Smartsheet is maintained and kept up to date.
- Assisting with recruitment assessment days
NEW STARTER INDUCTION
- Ensure the starter checklist is processed in a timely manner and help to coordinate actions with the Training Coordinator
- Act as backup for the Training Coordinator in the organisation and facilitation of the Company Induction Day
- Request employment references as required for new starters
- Ensure records are updated regarding H&S required training
- Scheduling occupational health surveillance checks across all areas of the UK business as required
- Ensuring HR Business Partners are kept up to date with the outcome of health surveillance checks and any concerns are raised in a timely manner.
- Draft employee letters in relation to any salary, bonus or benefit adjustment.
- Draft letter to employees leaving the business.
- Draft probation letters.
- Draft ad hoc employee letters with direction from HRM or HRBP’s
- Arranging 3- and 5-month review meetings
- Arranging exit interview for employees leaving the business
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION AND AD HOC DUTIES
- Maintain employee and general files across entire employee lifecycle
- Accurate and timely processing of changes that may affect payroll
- Ensure appropriate security of all HR-related information.
- Responsible for archiving employee documentation in line with GDPR guidelines
- Assist the HR team with ad hoc projects and duties when required
- Assist with the organisation of the Double 5 event (annually)
- Manage the company house bookings
- Booking occupational health appointments
- Stationary orders
- Raising purchase orders and processing invoices
- Processing basic disclosure checks in timely manner
- Processing car pool bookings with appropriate driving licence checks
- Act as back up to administer and process payroll in the absence of the Payroll Advisor – full training will be given, which will need to be continually refreshed and updated
- · Any other duties deemed commensurate with the role
- Input new starters onto HRIS – Connect
- Make necessary employee changes as required
- Set up and run reports
- Assist users with ad hoc queries
- Assist the Global HRIS Project Manager with system updates and improvements
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accurate with a great attention to detail
- Extremely organised with the ability to plan and prioritise in a fast paced and busy environment
- Ability to cope in a pressurised environment and manage change
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Ability to identify improvements
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Supporting and Cooperating
- Communicates proactively
- Adhering to values
- Acts with integrity
- Self-Organisation - a pro-active approach
- Relating and networking
- Establishing good relationships with customers
- Creative and innovative
- Solution focussed
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.