ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
JOB PURPOSE - Accounts Payable and Expenses Clerk
This role forms part of the Accounts Payable team and provides assistance to the finance department. Predominantly the role focuses on processing purchase ledger invoices, completing the monthly Intercompany process and processing expense claims.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Processing invoices and dealing with queries within the Basware system and Oracle to ensure timely payment.
- Monthly intercompany process, agreeing balances and posting settlements/payments received throughout the month.
- Answering telephone calls and email queries from suppliers and resolving their queries in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Dealing with the AP mailbox, emails from suppliers and employees.
- Opening and distribution of daily post,
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for other team members.
- Assisting the Finance team with any other ad hoc tasks as requested. It should be noted that the detailed information given above is not comprehensive and that other responsibilities or duties that are considered to fall within the remit of the Accounts Payable Clerk post will arise from time to time.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Experience of processing invoices
- Enthusiastic, reliable and self-confident, with an excellent telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Able to work as part of a team, and to work effectively with suppliers and people from across the Domino business at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and work unsupervised
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment, matching invoices to Purchase orders.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Educated to A Level equivalent, relevant experience more important than professional qualifications.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Invoice processing
- Resolving supplier queries
- Good Excel knowledge
- Use of ERP system such as Oracle/SAP
- Problem solving
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Motivated and keen to learn
- Committed to achieving team goals
- Proactive approach
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.