ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - European Accountant – Southern Europe
UK-based management and financial accountant for Domino subsidiaries based in France and Spain.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of statutory accounts including quarterly statutory Group reporting packs, maintaining local books and managing preparation of local statutory filings (accounts and tax) in conjunction with auditors.
- Maintaining appropriate financial controls and ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Supporting the Finance Manager as required through the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Analysing machine and aftermarket margins and selling variances, and performing opex variance analysis.
- Assisting in ad hoc project work and issue resolution.
- Providing financial support to local channel operational teams
- Cover as required for European Finance Assistant tasks
- Travel to above territories to assist with local accounting requirements and processes.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Finance Manager to ensure effective financial controls and excellent service levels are maintained
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or part qualified/ qualified through experience (Will consider more junior candidates who aren’t fully qualified)
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Post qualification experience in industry or practice preferable
- Appropriate language skills highly desirable (French)
- Strong financial accounting skills.
- Oracle (or similar) accounting package experience advantageous.
- Good excel skills.
- Well organised; logical and methodical with an attention to detail.
- Good analytical and judgement skills.
- Capability to work independently, managing workload to meet deadlines.
- Good communicator – ability to escalate issues and problems appropriately.
- Strong financial accounting skills and understanding of a strong controls environment.
- Well motivated; strong determination to learn and develop.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.