ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse and Distribution Manager to join our Site Leadership Team at our Liverpool site.
This is an exciting time to be a part of Domino and this role will join as a lead for our Warehouse, Distribution and Customer Experience Teams, covering inbound and outbound warehouse operations, including despatch, export and warehousing function for Liverpool fluids operations.
Reporting to the UK Fluids Operations Director, you will work closely with the Group Logistics team to ensure the seamless flow of goods between the global fluids sites and stocking locations.
- Drive a logistics strategy to improve customer service, accuracy and quality of products through the internal and external supply chain, from incoming goods, warehousing, despatch and export logistics
- Translate the organisational goals into SMART objectives to provide value to the customer and the Liverpool organisation
- Ensure all warehouse and despatch areas are managed appropriately and utilised effectively, driving continuous improvement initiatives, promoting a LEAN environment
- Work closely with Multiple Site Operations teams for ensuring product availability at 4 global locations
- Work closely with the Group Logistics team to ensure trade compliance for the shipment of hazardous fluids from the Liverpool site
- Responsible for the local design and implementation of change projects related to the group dispatch, warehousing and logistics processes
- Ensure compliance for dangerous goods export including documentation
- Ensure continuous improvement of despatch planning and communications / relationships with manufacturing, customer service teams and customers.
- Ensure training and legislative compliance for export logistics and warehousing is adhered to at all points through the supply chain
- Ensure quality of finished goods meets customer expectations and Liverpool quality standards for accuracy and packaging
- Measure and review KPI’s for the team and individuals to ensure expectations are being met
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, working proactively to ensure relationships are fostered
- Ensure health and safety and environmental compliance, risk assessment and communication within the team
- Strengthen relationships and contracts to protect service to customers and availability of inventory
- Manage budgets to improve profit contribution without compromising customer service
- Work proactively to ensure logistics routes and costings are optimised for all goods exported from the Liverpool site
- Lead ideas generation for total cost/service optimisation
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. You should be passionate about our customers (internal and external), people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment.
You will be a strong influencer within you peer group, an excellent communicator and competent in people leadership to drive high performance from the Warehouse and Despatch teams.
The ideal candidate will be commercially astute and be able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adaptability when dealing with a high workload.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More, Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent education
- Significant experience in a logistics, warehousing or supply chain management role within the manufacturing industries, specifically working with hazardous goods
- Experience of the implementation and operation of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Demonstrable people management experience
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with people throughout all levels inside and outside the organisation and influential throughout an organisation
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.