ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
JOB PURPOSE – MANUFACTURING CHEMIST
To drive Customer Focussed Quality and Process Improvements across the site. Focussing specifically on products that have passed Gate 6.
Using data from Right First time analysis, raw material information, process data etc, pro-actively recommend and implement changes to process to improve delivery. Work with the team in Marking Materials development to plan and find solutions and to develop products with greater robustness and more consistent customer performance.
- To ensure that activities are performed in a safe manner and to promote good quality throughout the site.
- Drive the use of statistical techniques such as Gauge R & R, Statistical Process Control and 6-sigma techniques across the site to improve product consistency.
- To take products from Gate 6 (end of the Development phase) through to Gate 7 and beyond to identify and implement pro-active controls to ensure product consistency.
- To address the most critical issues quality and capability issues based on pareto analysis and criticality.
- To collect and develop technical knowledge relating to products introduced into production from the NPI team, carrying out additional wet-testing and analysis when necessary.
- To ensure that robust methods are used to identify the root cause for non-compliance and that corrective actions are monitored for effectiveness.
- Participate in Packaging FMEA work to ensure that improvements are made that target 6-sigma levels of reliability.
- To focus on obtaining a robust understanding of the DP ink manufacturing processes (pre-dispersion, milling and mixing)
- To log the capability of current processes based on controls that are in place and to recommend further automation and changes in work practice that would contribute to improved control.
- Use techniques such as Design of Experiments to obtain a thorough understanding of the key parameters of the formulation and the production process.
- Encourage information sharing and joint responsibility for success with the Marking Materials team, especially for pigment dispersions to develop and improve the understanding of the relationship between method of manufacture and formulation.
- Proven technical leadership in the area of dispersion manufacture.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced production environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Focus on data and process to determine the best outcomes.
- Able to work on own and as part of a team
- Able to lead investigations and identify root causes.
- 6 sigma green-belt qualification
- Working towards 6-sigma black-belt.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree in Chemistry, preferably with Masters or PhD in a subject related to dispersion technology.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Formulating and / or manufacturing complex dispersions
- Problem solving techniques.
- Data analysis skills
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to persuade and influence peers
- Good data analytical skills
- Attention to Detail
- Well organised
- Able to work as part of a team
- Confident in communicating to operators and managers alike.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.