ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Domino at our Liverpool Fluids site as a SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) Advisor. Following some significant change, now is a fantastic time to join the business and help to shape the landscape of safety, health and environment at Liverpool.
Reporting directly to the Group Fluids SHE Manager, you will be an expert and the “go to” person at the centre of all SHE topics across the fluids business. You will have the autonomy to influence our employees across all levels of seniority to drive the desired value for SHE excellence, preventing injury or illness to all employees and anybody else affected by our site activities.
- Provide accurate and effective advice and support to all on site, promoting best practice and continual improvements within departments
- Upkeep of accurate data measurement and recording relating to Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, health and environmental legislation
- Maintain and Improve the Health and Safety Management System in line with ISO 45001 : 2018 requirements
- Maintain and Improve the Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001: 2015 requirements
- Conduct accident and incident investigations, implement corrective or preventative actions and provide relevant guidance as required
- Ensure accurate risk assessments are undertaken within the business and reviewed within a timely manner
- Ensure consistent implementation of the Domino Group SHE standards across all departments
- Walk the floor, promote safety conversations, undertake inspections and audits, identify areas for improvement and assist with their implementation within the following areas (list is non exhaustive): Permit to Work, PUWER, LOLER, Change Management
- Design and delivery of training on site to raise knowledge and awareness
- Involvement and upkeep of the site COSSH Assessment database along with dissemination of the assessment outcomes to site employees
- Deputising for the Group Fluids SHE Manager as and when required.
You will have a wealth of experience as a SHE Advisor, ideally within an industrial manufacturing sector involving chemicals. You should be passionate about people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve SHE management within a challenging working environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of Health and Safety in a manufacturing environment, ideally chemicals
- NEBOSH Diploma ( NEBOSH Certificate would also be considered with extensive experience)
- OHSAS 18001 or 45001 and ISO 14001 experience
- Excellent organisational skills; a real self-starter
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Capable of communicating well and influencing at all levels
- Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel PowerPoint, SharePoint, Smartsheet
- Presentation skills and experience with experience in delivering training for Health, Safety & Environmental topics
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.