ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
We are looking for an experienced manufacturing coordinator to join our Operations Team at our Liverpool site.
This is an exciting time to be a part of Domino and this additional role will join our team Manufacturing Coordinators to lead the manufacturing team to achieve daily and weekly manufacturing plan, delivering service to our customers on time and in full.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Team Leader, you will work closely to achieve medium and long-term area improvement objectives and to deliver projects across Operations.
Your main areas of responsibility fall under Production Management, Health & Safety and People Leadership.
- Production Management
- Organise the working area with the resources required to achieve daily /weekly manufacturing targets in terms of Mission Directed Work Teams (MDWT) targets including:
- Quality - Zero customer complaints
- On Time Delivery - Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) plans achieved
- Cost - process time and overhead management
- Research, propose and implement cutting edge manufacturing principles and processes such as Lean Manufacturing
- Undertake project work on critical improvement areas for the plant and the wider operations group
- Liaise with all departments to ensure all materials are available to meet manufacturing plans. Report daily on any issues that could prevent manufacturing meeting ASCP plans.
- Ensure that the Oracle system correctly reflects manufacturing status in real time, through accurate and timely bookings of Finished Goods.
- Provide management support to Team Leader as required, to ensure achievement of area manufacturing targets and development objectives. Report monthly on all aspects of progress.
- Health and Safety
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all employees in line with statutory and Company requirements; ensure reports for all aspects of health and safety are pro-actively completed
- People Management
- Provide management to team, including measurement of time and attendance, work with HR to run Attendance & Performance Improvement Plans with team members where appropriate
- Ensure new operators are correctly trained and that a training plan is established and maintained
- Measure and review KPIs for the team and individuals to improve performance
- Motivate the team to maintain the highest standard of housekeeping and implement improvements in line with the MDWT 5S philosophy. Publish successful projects on boards.
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. You should be passionate about our customers, people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More, Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and education gained through experience of working in a similar environment
- Excellent organisational skills; a real self-starter
- Positive, can-do and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication skills, across all channels, liaising with internal and external stakeholders of all levels across the business
- Strong people leadership skills, including managing performance and development
- Capable of communicating well across a variety of channels and influencing at all levels
- Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel PowerPoint, SharePoint, Smartsheet
- Experience in lean or six sigma is desirable
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.