Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.About the Role
Reporting to the Manufacturing Team Leader, you will work closely to achieve medium and long-term area improvement objectives and to deliver projects across Operations.Key Responsibilities:
- Production Management
- Organise the working area with the resources required to achieve daily /weekly manufacturing targets in terms of Mission Directed Work Teams (MDWT) targets including:
- Quality - Zero customer complaints
- On Time Delivery - Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) plans achieved
- Cost - process time and overhead management
- Research, propose and implement cutting edge manufacturing principles and processes such as Lean Manufacturing
- Undertake project work on critical improvement areas for the plant and the wider operations group
- Liaise with all departments to ensure all materials are available to meet manufacturing plans. Report daily on any issues that could prevent manufacturing meeting ASCP plans.
- Ensure that the Oracle system correctly reflects manufacturing status in real time, through accurate and timely bookings of Finished Goods.
- Provide management support to Team Leader as required, to ensure achievement of area manufacturing targets and development objectives. Report monthly on all aspects of progress.
- Health and Safety
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all employees in line with statutory and Company requirements; ensure reports for all aspects of health and safety are pro-actively completed
- People Management
- Provide management to team, including measurement of time and attendance, work with HR to run Attendance & Performance Improvement Plans with team members where appropriate
- Ensure new operators are correctly trained and that a training plan is established and maintained
- Measure and review KPIs for the team and individuals to improve performance
- Motivate the team to maintain the highest standard of housekeeping and implement improvements in line with the MDWT 5S philosophy. Publish successful projects on boards.
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. You should be passionate about our customers, people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will need Aviation Security Clearance. Therefore Aviation Background checks as specified by the Civil Aviation Authority - including a DBS check and 5 years’ employment/educational references - will need to be completed before the successful candidate can start the role.What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded.
Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.