ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
We are looking for a Materials Handler to join the team at our Liverpool site. You will report into and support the warehouse team leader, with responsibility for the loading and unloading of vehicles, storing and securing all materials received and distributed from site as well as the replenishment of stock and the removal of waste.
The team will monitor and manage all site material movements to fulfil localised Kanban areas, ensure stock rotation and accurate stock transactions and manage and control all vehicle movements on site including goods in, shipping, bulk solvent tanker and small parcels.
- Ensure vehicle movements on site are managed safety and efficiently
- Ensure vehicles are offloaded in a safe and timely fashion to avoid any congestion at the Goods-In area
- Ensure accurate and timely booking of delivered items (inventory items) onto Oracle following delivery, communicating with and informing internal departments when required
- To raise Non-Conformances for issues or problems with deliveries
- Movement of material and internal staff liaison
- Work alongside all internal departments ensuring stock and material is handled and moved around site in a safe and controlled manner
- Maintain all storage areas to a high level of tidiness and organisation complying with housekeeping policy ensuring safe access to all areas of facility
- Ensure all materials are safely stored and protected in accordance with the site requirements
- Ensure internal Kanban areas are replenished adequately according to daily and weekly demand
- Ensure provision of new waste handling containers according to demand
- Attend team briefings and meetings as and when required, providing input to stock accuracy and cycle count completion and understand urgency of delivered materials.
- Cycle counting
- Complete cycle counts in line with schedule produced by the Inventory department ensuring all stock checking is carried out accurately and timely
- Waste Management
- Remove efficient disposal of waste, ensuring material segregation in accordance with site management waste plan
- To communicate with the waste management team to collect different types of waste
- Rotate the general waste bins within the factory to adhere to 6S standards for housekeeping
You will have experience of working within a similar environment. You will a great communicator and have the ability to work autonomously and be flexible and adaptable to working in a demanding and challenging environment. You should be passionate about our customers, people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More, Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and education gained through experience of working in a similar environment
- Valid Counterbalance, Reach Truck and previous operating experience
- Safety first attitude
- Excellent organisational skills; a real self-starter
- Positive, can-do and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication skills, across all channels, liaising with internal and external stakeholders of all levels across the business
- Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel PowerPoint, SharePoint, Smartsheet
- NVQ in warehousing or materials handling is desirable
- Experience in lean or six sigma is desirable
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.