ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
This is an exciting time to be a part of Domino and we are looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join our growing, fast paced and dynamic business, based at our Liverpool site.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will analyse current production capabilities in order to drive improved efficiency, reduced costs, greater safety and improved product quality and reproducibility through engineering process improvements and capital project scoping and execution.
Safety, Health & Environment
- Work with site safety department to drive a higher standard of safety though proactive identification and actioning of process and occupational safety improvements.
- Support reactive process safety issues by providing technical support during safety investigations and routine audits of manufacturing environments.
- Ensure the site Management of Change process is followed with respect to all changes being proposed
- Work closely with operations teams to improve manufacturing reliability though analysis of process variability, root cause analysis of chronic problems in manufacturing
- Monitor KPIs (eg OEE) to identify gaps in process performance
- Reduce overall factory operating costs to improve manufacturing profitability
- Improve process equipment and site infrastructure in line with current safety standards and available technology
- Promote, educate, and lead team members in lean tools, such as Value Stream Mapping, Flow, Rapid Problem Solving, Total Productive Maintenance, 5S, Poka Yoke etc.
Engineering Project Work
- Identify and define opportunities for engineering projects, prepare and present proposal to key stakeholders, including detailed feasibility studies and business profitability
- Produce detailed capital expenditure requests and financial models for project justification
- Manage engineering projects through the complete life cycle to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed time frame and budget
- Generate equipment specifications for tendering out for quotation
- Work to internal engineering standards and external safety standards (eg DSEAR) to deliver compliant equipment
- Review contractor and vendor supplied designs and documentation against specifications to evaluate design merit and suitability.
- Undertake appropriate risk assessments during the life cycle of projects
- Identify and investigate new technologies and opportunities to improve manufacturing excellence of current and future manufacturing processes.
- Communicate progress of projects with all levels of the business
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships for key business critical equipment
- Provide technical support to operational escalations
- Investigate new production technologies for merits of introduction into the organisation
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. You should be passionate about customers, people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More, Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Member of institute of Chemical Engineers – Chartered or working to Chartership
- Design, installation and commissioning of chemical, preferably ink, manufacturing plants
- Experienced in Process Safety methodology and ways of working
- Trained in risk assessments and installation hazard analysis techniques
- Problem solving techniques, leading investigations and identifying root cause
- Data analysis skills
- Fluid and powder handling techniques
- Experience in lean or six sigma is desirable
- Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels
- Organized, self-starter and a quick learner
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference
- Excellent opportunity to make an impact in a fast-paced global manufacturing business
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.