ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
This is an exciting time to be a part of Domino and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our growing, fast paced and dynamic business as a Quality Management Systems Lead, based at our Liverpool site.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will liaise alongside all levels across the Operations Team to ensure that a culture of standardisation and control is developed across the site.
Within this role, you will use our business management systems, Standard Operations Procedures, Training resources and Audits to ensure compliance within our SHE control points and Critical to Quality Factors.
Our Group Customer Experience strategy is at the centre of our business to ensure we deliver the support our customers (both internal and external) around the world need; you will be committed to putting the customer first and focussing on providing the best possible service to exceed their expectations.
- To lead the process of training to the SOPs in a consistent and reliable manner.
- To work with the SHE team to ensure that the ISO14001 EMS and ISO45000 H & S Management systems integrate where appropriate with the QMS – explore synergies that maximise results.
- Management and hosting of ISO audits from BSi
- Develop audit capability across the Quality team.
- Hosting customer audits. Co-ordinating responses to NCRs raised.
- Co-ordinating internal quality audits and developing processes for self-audits within teams.
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment, including a good working knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO45001. You should be passionate about safety, customers, people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve processes within a challenging working environment.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge gained through experience of working in a similar complex manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree level.
- Technically proficient in data extraction and analysis tools (MS Access, Excel, TM1, Oracle, Discoverer, Minitab).
- High level of knowledge and experience in MS Office (Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Proven experience in process auditing and quality
- Ability to interact with suppliers, auditors and all levels within the organisation.
- Experience in lean or six sigma is desirable
- Experience of Safety, Health and Environmental standards is desirable.
- Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organisation is required
- Organized, self-starter and a quick learner.
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference
- Excellent opportunity to make an impact in a fast-paced global manufacturing business
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will need Aviation Security Clearance. Therefore, Aviation Background checks as specified by the Civil Aviation Authority which includes a DBS check and 5 years’ employment/educational references will need to be completed before the successful candidate can start the role.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, Private Medical Insurance, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form. Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.