ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT LAKE IMAGE
Celebrating our 25th year, we provide the print industry’s leading high-performance quality inspection, data verification and process control solutions for the production of high volume, variable data documents, labels, plastic cards and flexible packaging.
With a focus on applications in harsh and difficult environments, we recognised the opportunities for emerging machine vision technologies within the Printing and Mailing industries and installed our first system for a supermarket loyalty card programme in 1994.
Since then we have installed over 4000 systems around the world, becoming the leading solutions provider for all variable print and data integrity applications within the printing, mailing, labelling and packaging industry. Our systems inspect, track and report on billions of printed pieces, variable data labels, plastic cards and packages daily, optimising our client’s productivity, enhancing their quality and increasing their profitability.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Business Development Manager - Asia Sales
LOCATION - Korea/Japan are preferred locations. Other Asian countries considered depending upon suitability of candidate
About the role
Develop opportunities to directly sell the Lake Image range of Machine Vision Solutions to prospect accounts, (new incremental business), within a defined geographical area. Become a recognised Vision specialist demonstrating service excellence to inspire confidence and maximise future business success. This role provides an excellent platform for career progression within other commercial areas of Lake Image and Domino.
- Represent Lake Image to sell Machine Vision Solutions and complementary items to new customers within a designated geographical area.
- Penetrate any key National Account /MNCs that are not existing customers of Lake Image/Domino.
- Work with the Applications, Sales and Marketing Manager to produce specific “Repeatable and Scalable” sales collaterals.
- Work alongside the Area Sales Managers within your area to introduce them to the new business accounts at the point of sale to commence hand over and begin management of the account for further equipment sales, aftermarket and contract opportunities.
- Develop and deliver “Configure Price Quote” packages for ease and commonality of specification and price point.
- Ensure incremental growth through direct new business acquisition sales effort, meeting all revenue and contribution targets
- To report monthly to the group Sales Director, building a pipeline and forecast of new sales opportunities,
- Discover market opportunities by following up new leads as well as self-generated new opportunities for Machine Vision applications. Deliver the associated revenue and growth targets.
- Target specific industry sectors – such as high-speed labelling, packaging, commercial and security printing - with relevant Lake Image solutions to grow market share of our print inspection range of solutions.
- Manage and achieve sales targets by demonstrating agreed professional sales behaviours.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Lake Image’s print inspection solutions.
- Deal with sales administration in a timely and accurate manner and ensure the company CRM is updated in line with company process and requirements.
- Liaise with the local Marketing team & Asia Sales Manager to co-ordinate regionally focused campaigns.
- Attend exhibitions and promote Lake Image products as and when required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Certified Higher Education in a business, technical or engineering related discipline. Equivalent experience considered.
- Professional sales training desirable (Mercuri, Miller Heiman preferred) or similar
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Good English communication skills
- Knowledge and application of different sales techniques and different financial models
- Planning, targeting and achieving quantifiable results
- Prospecting for self-generation of sales leads
- Expertise in the management of customer sales meetings
- Relationship building at all client levels and internally with a multi-disciplinary team
- Sales planning, forecasting and reporting
- Self-motivated and autonomous working
- Proven record of exceeding challenging sales targets
- Data management expertise e.g. use of CRM systems
- Strong writing skills for the development of sales tools
- Clear communication of solutions
- Secondary language skills, Chinese, Japanese, Korean preferred
- Experience of technical capital sales solutions into FMCG or manufacturing
- Knowledge of printing, labelling and print inspection technologies
- Experience of industrial printing or packaging environments
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Databases - CRM essential (SalesForce preferred)
- Management and manipulation of data
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Negotiation and influence
- Deliberate and precise communicator
- Empathetic questioning and listening
- Calm under pressure
- Inspires confidence in others
- Competitive with a desire to succeed
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.