ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Business Development Manager - Field Based, Northern England
Develop opportunities to directly sell the Domino range of printers to prospects accounts, (new incremental business), within a defined geographical area. Become a recognised coding and marking specialist demonstrating service excellence to inspire confidence and maximise future business success. This role provides an excellent platform for career progression within other commercial areas of Domino.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Domino to sell printers and complementary items to new customers within designated geographical area.
- Penetrate any key National Account /MNCs that are not existing customers of Domino.
- Work with the Product and Projects Manager to produce specific “Repeatable and Scalable” application packs.
- Work alongside the Area Sales Managers within your area to introduce them to the new business accounts at the point of sale to commence hand over and begin management of the account for further equipment sales, aftermarket and contract opportunities.
- Develop and deliver “Quote Quickly” packages for ease and commonality of specification and price point.
- Ensure true incremental growth through direct Market Platform sales effort, meeting all revenue and contribution targets.
- Build a library of reports and headline dashboard to demonstrate progress and success within Salesforce CRM system
- Discover the market opportunities, develop leads for Coding and Marking applications in the market and deliver the associated revenue and growth targets.
- Manage and achieve sales targets by demonstrating agreed professional sales behaviours.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Domino’s Coding and Marking, and labelling products.
- Deal with sales administration in a timely and accurate manner and ensure Salesforce CRM is updated in line with company process and requirements
- Liaise with the UK Marketing Manager & Head of Sales to co-ordinate campaigns.
- Provide regular forecasting reporting and activity updates through the CRM System.
- Attend exhibitions and promote Domino products as and when required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree/HNC in a technical or engineering related subject or equivalent experience
- Professional sales training desirable (Mercuri preferred) or similar
- Full driving licence
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge and application of different sales techniques and different financial models.
- Planning, targeting and achieving quantifiable results
- Prospecting for self-generation of sales leads
- Expertise in the management of customer sales meetings
- Relationship building at all client levels and internally with a multi-disciplinary team
- Sales planning, forecasting and reporting
- Self-motivated and autonomous working
- Proven record of exceeding challenging sales targets
- Data management expertise e.g. use of CRM systems
- Strong writing skills for the development of sales tools
- Clear communication of solutions
- Experience of technical capital sales solutions into FMCG or manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of printing technologies, coding and marking solutions
- Experience of industrial packaging environments
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Databases - CRM essential (SalesForce preferred)
- Management and manipulation of data
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Negotiation and influence
- Deliberate and precise communicator
- Empathetic questioning and listening
- Calm under pressure
- Inspires confidence in others
- Competitive with a desire to succeed
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.