ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Business Development Manager - North West
Develop opportunities to directly sell the Domino range of printers to prospect accounts, (new incremental business), within a defined geographical area. Become a recognised coding and marking specialist demonstrating service excellence to inspire confidence and maximise future business success. This role provides an excellent platform for career progression within other commercial areas of Domino.
- Represent Domino to sell printers and complementary items to new customers within a designated geographical area.
- Penetrate any key National Account /MNCs that are not existing customers of Domino.
- Work with the Product and Projects Manager to produce specific “Repeatable and Scalable” application packs.
- Work alongside the Area Sales Managers within your area to introduce them to the new business accounts at the point of sale to commence hand over and begin management of the account for further equipment sales, aftermarket and contract opportunities.
- Develop and deliver “Configure Price Quote” packages for ease and commonality of specification and price point.
- Ensure incremental growth through direct new business acquisition sales effort, meeting all revenue and contribution targets.
- Build a library of reports and headline dashboard to demonstrate progress and success within Salesforce CRM system
- Discover market opportunities by following up new leads as well as self-generated new opportunities for Coding and Marking applications. Deliver the associated revenue and growth targets.
- Target specific industry sectors – such as Food, Beverage, Life Sciences and fast-moving consumer goods manufacturing and packaging - with relevant Domino solutions to grow market share of our printing, labelling and software range
- Manage and achieve sales targets by demonstrating agreed professional sales behaviours.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Domino’s Coding and Marking, and labelling products.
- Deal with sales administration in a timely and accurate manner and ensure Salesforce CRM is updated in line with company process and requirements
- Liaise with the UK Marketing team & Head of Sales to co-ordinate regionally focused campaigns.
- Provide regular forecasting reporting and activity updates through the CRM System.
- Attend exhibitions and promote Domino products as and when required
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree/HNC in a business, technical or engineering related subject or equivalent experience
- Professional sales training desirable (Mercuri, Miller Heiman preferred) or similar
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge and application of different sales techniques and different financial models.
- Planning, targeting and achieving quantifiable results
- Prospecting for self-generation of sales leads
- Expertise in the management of customer sales meetings
- Relationship building at all client levels and internally with a multi-disciplinary team
- Sales planning, forecasting and reporting
- Self-motivated and autonomous working
- Proven record of exceeding challenging sales targets
- Data management expertise e.g. use of CRM systems
- Strong writing skills for the development of sales tools
- Clear communication of solutions
- Experience of technical capital sales solutions into FMCG or manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of printing and labelling technologies, coding and marking solutions
- Experience of industrial packaging environments
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Databases - CRM essential (SalesForce preferred)
- Management and manipulation of data
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Negotiation and influence
- Deliberate and precise communicator
- Empathetic questioning and listening
- Calm under pressure
- Inspires confidence in others
- Competitive with a desire to succeed
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.